Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where the heck is peppermint patty??? :))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still here... Finishing my autobiography. Almost done!
    They sure do grow on you... Some, like a fungus... Lol...

I need muffins!

Originally posted by Allie View Post
    Peppermint. Patti. It's really good to 'see' you. These folks to tend to grow on you don't they?

Comment

Wow.

I get nostalgic and decide to log in and what do I find waiting here!

Hiya Patti! You won't believe this but my kids that were chasing that armadillo in the campground are now 19 and 21!

Good to see at least some of the old gang!

Comment

Originally posted by HiSPL View Post
        Wow.

I get nostalgic and decide to log in and what do I find waiting here!

Hiya Patti! You won't believe this but my kids that were chasing that armadillo in the campground are now 19 and 21!

Good to see at least some of the old gang!

Thank you. You touched my heart! Did you have a different screen name all those years ago?
        I DO remember the kids!!! Amazing how quick the time goes by! They grow too fast. (Must have been something in the milk...lol)
        I think about the First Official GS Rally that we had, more times than you think. Such warm memories and even warmer people... (RIP - Dave and Scotty!)
        What are the kids doing now?

I think if I hang out anywhere, it will be on this Ladies Forum.
        It needs some get-up-and-go....
        Sending love & hugs !!!

Comment

Same user name as back then. My account got purged then I signed up again as the same name...

I'm Tim, my wife is Daniela the redhead, and the kids are Grace and Joe.

I had the red 83 GS1100e. It was pretty stock, other than drag bars.

Comment

Originally posted by HiSPL View Post
            Same user name as back then. My account got purged then I signed up again as the same name...

I'm Tim, my wife is Daniela the redhead, and the kids are Grace and Joe.

I had the red 83 GS1100e. It was pretty stock, other than drag bars.
            Thanks for jogging my memory! I do remember now. Were you camped across the road from me, back then?

Comment

Yes we were. Good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Peppermint Patti View Post
                I'm still here... Finishing my autobiography. Almost done!
                They sure do grow on you... Some, like a fungus... Lol...

I need muffins!
                I'd love to read it - I'm sure there's a lot to tell!

I'm on the bike again this year - never even started it last year. I'd done a lot of stuff to it too in recent years - clutch springs, complete charging overhaul, rebuild brakes and new lines, just did chain and sprocket conversion, about to check valves and do the flogged front forks over, and last night on the way home from work I got felled by a dead condenser. Silly silly silly. Turns out a lot of people are out of stock too. Ah well it's good to be back in the game.

I keep threatening to bake but there's so little time and too many hobbies.

Keep us posted!
                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Boy my tag line is way out of date. Has anyone seen Mark Harrop, like, anywhere? Maybe he got injured taking Twist lessons.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Boy my tag line is way out of date. Has anyone seen Mark Harrop, like, anywhere? Maybe he got injured taking Twist lessons.
                    I stay in touch with him on Facebook ..... He's out of Dubai and retired in Florida now ...... { though his departure from Dubai was a bit of an adventure }
                    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Well that's good to hear. I bet he's still up to all manner of mischief.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Agreed.
                        Pretty good bet his "retirement" is a lot different than a lot of us.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I wonder if Haarop will ever return to the forum? ... He WAS one in a million!
                          bbcap: Please tell him HI !!!

Comment

That is 100% in keeping with his personality. I miss him.
                            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                              Agreed.
                              Pretty good bet his "retirement" is a lot different than a lot of us.
                              1000% guaranteed.
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

I'd love to read it - I'm sure there's a lot to tell!

I'm on the bike again this year - never even started it last year. I'd done a lot of stuff to it too in recent years - clutch springs, complete charging overhaul, rebuild brakes and new lines, just did chain and sprocket conversion, about to check valves and do the flogged front forks over, and last night on the way home from work I got felled by a dead condenser. Silly silly silly. Turns out a lot of people are out of stock too. Ah well it's good to be back in the game.
                                I keep threatening to bake but there's so little time and too many hobbies.

Keep us posted!
                                Good for you Allie!! I miss the wind... and the Freedom...
                                My severed ankle has been giving me trouble lately. The metal was taken out of it years ago, now it rubbing bone-to-bone.
                                It's hard to even water my garden in this 110+ degree weather, lately, especially with my mashed ankle.
                                To top it all off, I broke my first toe, hitting a chair leg, in the kitchen 3 days ago. It's a bad hammer toe. Looks like it's broken in two places. ...I did some yelling... ....LOL... At least it's on the same foot!

Comment

Working...
                                X