No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just arrived home after 7 sessions @ The Ridge, to close out the season.

Actually, I had a big "moment" on the street 32 years ago today too,

so coupled w/Trev's crash & my own... doing a trackday on this day had me questioning the likely hood of a negative outcome.

One guy actually crashed right in front of me...maybe 5 feet in front, low side, just drifted off to the left on a right hander.

I actually rode over the scrape marks he left.
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Off to work I go! Fall is kicking up early this year...

Looks like snow with these heavy frosts...

Changed my work schedule and told my boss that I was done with 70 hour work weeks. Planning just 45 hours this week and hope to ride everyday. Broke 31K miles for the season yesterday. Like to hit 35K before I need to call it complete quiets.

If Noreg can do it... I can do it!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        Off to work I go! Fall is kicking up early this year...

Looks like snow with these heavy frosts...

Changed my work schedule and told my boss that I was done with 70 hour work weeks. Planning just 45 hours this week and hope to ride everyday. Broke 31K miles for the season yesterday. Like to hit 35K before I need to call it complete quiets.

If Noreg can do it... I can do it!
        Ummm, you need fuel
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
          Ummm, you need fuel
          That's the TPS gauges.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Home today.
            Several things on to-do-list, but weather forecast was for mid 70s today.

52 this morning, rode out to coffee time with some friends that havent seen since March.
            THen took off on a day ride.
            Went next county north and then next county northeast.
            Found some fresh paved roads, good.
            Saw only a few branches and only a very few trees turning color. A couple were posing for a picture.

Went to Newaygo, but had been there before enough, so looked on map and went to next town, Grant. FOund a bar/grill with a BBQ rig outside. Might have to go that way more.

Was out riding for a bout 4 hours, not including the lunch stop.
            Was good to get out. All next week the highest temps predicted in mid 50s. Which is okay. But taint summer time no mo'.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Redman, those fall colors looks so nice! I wish I could get out and ride, sadly I am working like a lunatic so my bike just sits there. Snow on mountains so I am worried the season might end quickly.
              GS1000G 1981

Comment

Finally got round to going for a ride. I was just going to get some gas and do a quick ride, but as always I couldn't just turn around and go home. I tried to check if more slack on the clutch wire would make an issue go away, it didn't seem to help and I think I have too much slack. I also found out my new brake lever isn't just scratched from the wind knocking the bike over, its bent (arrrgh). At least I have a spare handy xD

I saw some northern lights going on the country road testing hard accelerations, it was cold so I decided to go back to the city. The northern lights wasn't adequate to get a shot with my phone, so I just gave up on taking a picture. But on the way home I decided to go to the church to see if it had a better view. And the nothern lights there were amazing, much better than the last time I saw them. Lots of purple but that was hard to get a photo of.

All pictures taken next to Trondenes Historiske Senter, last picture shows Harstad from the north side.

Super good northern lights, its so hard to get pictures with other lights and northern lights with a phone camera. Should have brought my DSLR.

A couple more pictures: https://imgur.com/a/P6JNkJ9
                Last edited by Noreg; 09-25-2020, 05:50 PM.
                GS1000G 1981

Comment

Wow, Noreg, you are incredibly far north! I mapped out 69 degrees latitude (where the Trondenes Historiske Senter is approximately located) here in Canada and it's at the most northern edge on the Arctic Ocean! Or halfway up Baffin Island!

Knowing that makes your riding even more fascinating.
                  2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                  2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                    Wow, Noreg, you are incredibly far north! I mapped out 69 degrees latitude (where the Trondenes Historiske Senter is approximately located) here in Canada and it's at the most northern edge on the Arctic Ocean! Or halfway up Baffin Island!

Knowing that makes your riding even more fascinating.
                    Maybe next year Ill make it to 71 degrees north! Thats the northernmost place I could ride to in Norway. This year I've only made it from 69 to 59 degrees. Hoping next year Ill get further north and way further south.

Snow is expected tonight at heights above 200 metres, so I might be out of riding season pretty soon. Have to get the rear tyre off to get on a new one (getting somewhat bald).

I wasn't sure if there were any point to include the location that detailed, as nobody would know where it is. Glad the context was useful.
                    GS1000G 1981

Comment

Saddling up for another great day! Should hit 71K miles by end of day... Can't get enough! Class 4 roads yesterday. More back roads today! National Forest roads I think in the green mountains.

Foliage is peaking!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

100% Katana turnout for our regular Saturday morning ride yesterday.

IMG_4280 by starpoint73, on Flickr
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Katarama!

Are you gelling with the long gal?
                          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

My first ever all day back road ride... 25MPH average bike yielded 53MPG for the day and rolled over 71K miles. Oh the Fall colors are amazing right now!
                            Cheers.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Absolutely beautiful night to ride.
                              http://In the red. by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Cruising the red light district, eh?
                                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X