Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    Thanks all. After his visit to the ER last Monday his situation hadn't improved. We did a follow up yesterday and the vet said its time. We spent our last night with him yesterday and sent him off this morning. It was a week full of tears and recalling happy memories from the last 12 years.
    The picture was yesterday in one of his favorite spots - the sandbox in the shade. I took some pics this morning as I laid with him, but probably won't review them for quite some time.
    Max had always reminded me of our lab, Kaya. Seeing and hearing you talk of him was always nice. I know how dear he was to you all.
    So sorry, Glen.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Sorry for your loss of a wonderful and dear companion Glen. The fun and good times you had together will always be remembered and most often at the craziest times.
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Glen,
        Sounds like you made the best of the last couple weeks.
        Reviewed good memories and the start of some grieving.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

No doubt, Max loved you too.
          Condolences, Glen.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Glen, I’m just now catching up, so sorry for your loss. You did all any of us could do, which is to give a good dog a great home with lots of love for the short time we have with them. It’s never easy to say goodbye. My condolences.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thanks again for the well wishes everyone. Definitely a weird day today. I’ve walked by his now empty water bowls several times and had to stop myself from automatically grabbing them to fill up. I mistook a black sock on the laundry room floor as one of his paws as I approached the room, etc. We’re not yet ready to pack his stuff up.

I’ve never as a kid or adult had to have a pet put to sleep ( my father’s dog passed at home when I was in high school), and was surprised that we were allowed to stay in the room. Mixed feelings about it, but I think it was a good thing. It was gut wrenching seeing the kids and wife’s reactions thru my own gear filled eyes.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss Glen. Takes a while before you stop seeing him out of the corner of your eye. take heart in knowing you gave him the best life you could. To many dogs are abused and neglected.
                82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                Albums

Comment

Our lab had to be put to sleep as well. She was just done, hiding from us, which was very uncharacteristic of her, and waiting for it to be over. We were in the room sitting on the floor with her. In fact, we brought our other dog in there too. The vet said it's good for the other dog to have closure otherwise they're always looking for their pal.

On another note, we sat down to eat dinner on Friday night and were alarmed by the sounds our neighbors dog was making. I went outside and heard the woosh of something swinging through the air, thump and YELP!

The a$$hat neighbor two houses over was beating her dog to death. I yelled over the wall for them to stop. Mind your business she said, we're having a conversation!

I jumped up on the 8 foot high cinderblock wall and crossed over two other backyards to see her swinging a frigging garden hose and whipping the crap out of a harmless brown dog. She ceased whipping the dog and came after me with the damn hose! At least the dog got a break. Seriously disturbed individual!

I argued for a moment with her and realized it wasn't going to end well, so came back home. I did report it to animal control and they followed up on it. It'll be interesting the next time I walk my dog down that street.

Gotta love the city!
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    Our lab had to be put to sleep as well. She was just done, hiding from us, which was very uncharacteristic of her, and waiting for it to be over. We were in the room sitting on the floor with her. In fact, we brought our other dog in there too. The vet said it's good for the other dog to have closure otherwise they're always looking for their pal.

On another note, we sat down to eat dinner on Friday night and were alarmed by the sounds our neighbors dog was making. I went outside and heard the woosh of something swinging through the air, thump and YELP!

The a$$hat neighbor two houses over was beating her dog to death. I yelled over the wall for them to stop. Mind your business she said, we're having a conversation!

I jumped up on the 8 foot high cinderblock wall and crossed over two other backyards to see her swinging a frigging garden hose and whipping the crap out of a harmless brown dog. She ceased whipping the dog and came after me with the damn hose! At least the dog got a break. Seriously disturbed individual!

I argued for a moment with her and realized it wasn't going to end well, so came back home. I did report it to animal control and they followed up on it. It'll be interesting the next time I walk my dog down that street.

Gotta love the city!

Roger,I'm glad you spoke-up for that dog's rights to Not get beaten,also glad you reported them.Dogs are at the mercy of owners to care for them.We need more dog rescue individuals.

Edit:I would also record what she was doing with my phone,for proof.
                    Last edited by grcamna2; 06-06-2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

The a$$hat neighbor two houses over was beating her dog to death.......
                      Can only hope there’s a special place in hell..... good that you intervened Roger.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I did report it to animal control and they followed up on it.
                        Thank you!
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Gotta love the city!
                          Good on ya!! That is the ONE real hot button I have. No patience or tolerance for animal or child abuse. I would have made it a point to stop her until she assaulted me and she could be charged with that plus the animal cruelty.
                          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

a bit of dog humour.........dog lovers will get it
                            fark_-NU1FB03zpxh8ofgaOWuNJS13TU.jpg
                            82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                            Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                            Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                            Albums

Comment

The dog next door hasn't made any sound. Not a bark or whimper, nada! Hopefully animal control picked it up. I alerted the other neighbors to listen for those things and encouraged them to report it.

I've been replaying that moment over and over. If only I had the presence of mind to photo or video the confrontation there and how she treated the dog. if only this or that happened, was said, was wittnessed etc. Actually, my wife wittnessed it from our yard. She heard the exchange between us and saw the hose fly up at me. It was a weird mmoment, not like I was prepared for that to happen.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by 650Skull View Post
                                a bit of dog humour.........dog lovers will get it
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]62919[/ATTACH]
                                How true. In my case, also three burglars. heh eh
                                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X