No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen a few Restored on CL around here but that one looked to be in pretty bad Condition for $1300. But i'm not familiar with the value of one in decent shape. I think the one that was completely restored they were asking like $10K for it.

Comment

More fun until your friends catch you riding it!!

Loud exhaust mod kit, LOL! Not loud enough if it still needs a bell to be noticed!

For Sale is this Adult size Schwinn motorized OCC Chopper Stingray Bicycle. Blue Bike Frame Supports a 24 X 3.45" Front Wheel and a 20 X 4 1/4" wide Fat Chopper rear wheel. Schwinn OCC Loud Exhaust mod kit and 80 cc motor with mount. Leather saddle bags and OCC handle bar bag. I have extra parts that came with the motor kit along with the original handle bars. This is an Adult size frame with 14" Ape hangers with a side mirror. Both front and back tires are new. All the bearings have been repacked and the chains are new. This engine gets 130 miles per gallon and can go 30+ MPH. This rescued bike is faded but still looks good. I am 6'2" and weigh 235. The size fits me fine. I would upgrade to a racing carburetor and change the bicycle pedals over to motorcycle pegs, but have run out of time and need the cash.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
        Does the front tire look like it is pointing in a different direction than the forks?
        That's okay...the headlight has a direction of it's own as well. Does making a bobber just make it okay to have a filthy bike? I've yet to see a clean one.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
        Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by willy0508 View Post
          depends on the model, in excellent condition the Lightning "Rocket" about 16-18k ...what model is this one? it's not listed....maybe worth the asking price to someone looking for parts.
          1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
            depends on the model, in excellent condition the Lightning "Rocket" about 16-18k ...what model is this one? it's not listed....maybe worth the asking price to someone looking for parts.
            It's listed as a "Lightning".
            1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Not a cooking A65 lightning - one of the less adequate Brit parallel twins

Theres a whole industry still going today just to replace the crank bearings and..... the fillings in your teeth from the awful vibration

Unit construction BSA = Never worth serious money - absolute MAX I'd pay for an a65 is $7000 and that'd have to be pristine

Now a rocket Goldstar is worth 18K
              78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
              82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
              83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
              2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
              Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

Originally posted by bsharpish View Post
                Not a cooking A65 lightning - one of the less adequate Brit parallel twins

Theres a whole industry still going today just to replace the crank bearings and..... the fillings in your teeth from the awful vibration

Unit construction BSA = Never worth serious money - absolute MAX I'd pay for an a65 is $7000 and that'd have to be pristine

Now a rocket Goldstar is worth 18K

Simple rules for Brit bikes

BSA Pre unit twins and singles - good ..... Post unit Nope..... oil in frame AVOID
                Triumph pre or post unit twins under 650CC - good - later oil in frame (post 71) and 750CC twins .... not so much
                Norton - singles great, twins up to the dominator 88 good ... the rest - If its got a featherbed frame you can at least put a triumph engine in !!
                Vincent - Just buy it
                AJS/Matchless - see BSA
                Ariel - Singles good
                Royal enfield - NOOOOOOOO
                Panther - gotta be a weirdo to buy
                Velocette - Just buy it

I grew up in a very Britbike collecting family (My brother runs/owns a championship winning classic race team) and theres just as much junk from that era as classic bikes

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
                  It's listed as a "Lightning".
                  like the GS there are different models of GS in the same year...there are three that I could find all different values the Lightning "Rocket" being the one to have...I suppose it could be just a Lightning but maybe it's a LR or LC, I've looked at pictures and don't know what the differences are and the owner may not know either.

A65L LIGHTNING

A65L/R LIGHTNING ROCKET
                  A65LC LIGHTNING CLUBMAN
                  Last edited by wyly; 01-10-2017, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bsharpish View Post
                    I grew up in a very Britbike collecting family (My brother runs/owns a championship winning classic race team) and theres just as much junk from that era as classic bikes
                    the lesson here is research, research, research, know everything there is to know about you're buying...

another Brit bike to buy at first site, in any condition...Brough Superior at any silly price

Comment

My last BSA .... Oh and a thats what you call a cafe racer

IMG_0042.jpg

Comment

These are nice....
                        sigpic
                        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                        1983 GS1100e
                        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                        1980 GS1260
                        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                          Are they guaranteed?
                          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

"Velocette - Just buy it"

My nephew was doing a roof for an old woman who had the 500cc version in the garage. Trans was removed by her late husband who then died when the bike was only a year or two old. She did not care what it might be worth, it was in her way. She told him he could have it for 50 bucks, and she had the title. Baxter in Marne, Iowa gave him 1800 bucks for it with only a glance at it.

Comment

me thinks he be smoking the crack on this one. he's askin too much for that crap paint job that was probably out of a rattle can:

Comment

He should have found out that these go for $2,500-3,500 in really good condition before he sunk that much money into it

LTD front fender looks out of place
                                1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                                1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                                1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                                1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                                1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                                1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                                2007 DRz 400S
                                1999 ATK 490ES
                                1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Working...
                                X