Seen any good movies lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
    Was there ever a movie made about Chuck Berry?
    Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll was a nice documentary 1980s
    But hell why no biopic?
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

The Mount Rushmore of Rock and Roll: Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Little Richard and Elvis. Elvis was my least favorite of the lot though he no doubt by far did the most of anyone to popularize the genre.
      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
      80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

There are over 100 years between the presidencies of Washington and Roosevelt, so I'm going to have to say, sorry, Don. You can pick two, but then we'll need to put Hendrix or Morrison in, and maybe Dylan or Bowie in there.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Anyone seen Shadow in the Cloud? Pretty cool film if you go in without needing to define exactly what genre the film belongs to.
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
            Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll was a nice documentary 1980s
            But hell why no biopic?
            would you include, or not ... how ......... 'kinky' he was?
            1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Copies of Dune are already on the web. So far I have managed to resist....
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

And ... DUNE is fantastic!!!!
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                  And ... DUNE is fantastic!!!!
                  Hoping to go tomorrow....

Comment

Sadly, given its dual release on HBO, as Villeneuve suggested, the studio may have killed the sequel before gestation. This movie is glorious (truly appealing especially if you have read Greek epic and tragedy, as it shows Herbert's nod to the classics very well), but the sequel would likely be even better.
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Sadly, given its dual release on HBO, as Villeneuve suggested, the studio may have killed the sequel before gestation. This movie is glorious (truly appealing especially if you have read Greek epic and tragedy, as it shows Herbert's nod to the classics very well), but the sequel would likely be even better.
                      I have read this is just the first half, of the (first) book.

Comment

WHo here has seen Ken Burns' Ali? I gotta see that!
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                          I have read this is just the first half, of the (first) book.
                          That is correct.
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

WHo here has seen Ken Burns' Ali? I gotta see that!
                            Been on the past week. What you'd expect from Burns.
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              Copies of Dune are already on the web. So far I have managed to resist....
                              Just had a look and you're right ... Good quality recordings as well ..... If I don't get at least one nasty email from a motion picture legal department at least once a month ..... I think they don't love me any more .....
                              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Saw Disney's Jungle cruise last night. It took me by surprise when I heard Nothing Else Matters from Metallica in the soundtrack.

A more apt title would be Cap'n jungle Jack Johnson and the conquistadors. Sure felt like another pirate movie. Glad I didn't go to a theater for it.
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X