New GS1100G(K) owner from Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Larry!

The entire ignition system, including the coils, has been replaced with new parts, but the issue has not gone away.

I started a new thread to consolidate all the facts.
    1982 Suzuki GS1100G(K)

Comment

Originally posted by MtnManCA View Post
      Thank you, Larry!

The entire ignition system, including the coils, has been replaced with new parts, but the issue has not gone away.

I started a new thread to consolidate all the facts.
      Yes, my bad. I saw where you mentioned replacing the coils. Sorry
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

It looks like the issue is resolved!

Thanks again for all your input! I focused very much on fuel starvation. Removed the tank, tested the petcock in all three positions.

Started the bike without fuel supply to empty the float bowls. Reconnected tank, put petcock in PRI position. Did not see any fuel flowing in the clear fuel line.
        It looks like the issue is resolved!

Removed tank again, thoroughly followed fuel line and saw it was kinked!! Rerouted and shortened it. Put petcock in PRI position again and this time I saw the clear part of the fuel line filling up with fuel.

Took 70 mile spirited test ride close to home in a cell phone reception area. Bike ran flawlessly and strong. First ride without any hesitation! Will do another test ride soon to confirm things and regain confidence in the reliability of this amazing bike!
        1982 Suzuki GS1100G(K)

Comment

Did another 80 test drive and the bike ran very well! Regaining confidence in the bike.
          1982 Suzuki GS1100G(K)

Comment

Please keep track of those fairing mirrors. They are very difficult to find on their own.
            Larry D
            1980 GS450S
            1981 GS450S
            2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Working...
            X