No announcement yet.

Current state of Bikebandit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It took 6 weeks to get an RMA to return parts. Still waiting on the right parts and credit for the return. Their biggest sin is charging my card for items they said were in stock when they really have to get them from a distributor. That's dishonest. They won't answer emails or the phone to keep you on the hook. And we are supposed to be sympathetic when they already got paid.
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Bike bandit finally answered the telephone and I got to speak to an agent. He apologized of course and tells me my parts are now on hand and will ship, I'll get them by Friday. Friday comes and nothing. Monday I get the same robot email about back order. I call again and they say it will ship. I ask for a tracking number and wait on hold. He tells me staff were out of the office a few weeks and attended customer service training. It was hard not to laugh.
      4 days later, nearly 3 months after ordering, I got my rings but only 3 of 4 o rings. Paperwork said 4, 3 in the box.
      I informed them of the shortage and ordered 1 o ring and a few other parts from another vendor and called it a day.

I won't be doing business with BB again.

Comment

Yeah i think everybody is suffering right now. I placed an order with Partzilla - and ordered new screws for the air box covers (along with 5 other parts) - and instead of the screws they sent me some black rubber cushions 09320-11008 which dont even fit the bike and the part numbers aren't even close. Emailed them right away, and heard nothing for 4 days. Then called them - waited on hold for over an hour, gave up. Called again and requested a call back, they placed a 'replacement' order. 3 days go by and I didnt hear/ see anything. Called again, and they said that their 'replacement orders' were 2 days behind and their customer service was swamped. I can only imagine the minimized warehouse workers, and even more swamped customer service teams for these companies (as well as many others) are hurting.

Comment

The problems aren't limited to just the powersports category. All of my hobby's are suffering from constrained supply lines. A business that normally gets my gun parts to me in 4-5 days took 7 weeks recently. And that was for American parts! So, I'd assume for now that any part mail ordered here in the US that had to be sourced from Japan or Europe will take weeks at best and be unobtainium at worst. Not the retailers fault when the supply system as a whole has broken down.
          Chris
          current fleet:
          1976 Honda GL1000 - 1978 Suzuki GS1000C - 1979 Suzuki GS1000S - 1981 Honda CM400C
          1986 Suzuki RG500G - 1988 BMW R100RS - 1991 BMW K100RS - 1997 Suzuki GSF1200

Comment

I ordered parts from Z1 and Partszilla and it too a week to show up. Maybe BB should buy from them and fulfill their orders.

Comment

Bike Bandit is awesome! Here's my story.

Last March I ordered some riding pants and a face shield. About three weeks later I received the riding pants but no face shield. I got a e-mail saying the face shield is back ordered. No problem I can wait. When I tried on the riding pants, they did not fit. To snug around the waistline, imagine that. Anyway, I kept trying to get a hold of someone at Bike Bandit to get a return label... I gave up. Two months later I tried again. I didn't want to get stuck with the pants $260 I did get through and I got the return label and sent them back. Then out of the blue the face shield that I ordered came in! A couple of weeks later I received my reimbursement from the pants. Cool we are all square. Then I get a email saying the face shield was approved for reimbursement! I get another $65 for it. But I already received it... I thought about sending the money back, but I think that would just screw them up... I just ordered a set of tire. I bought them from Rocky Mountain. They will be here Friday, I didn't want to take a chance with Bike Bandit...
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

IMO, Bike Bandit sucks canal water through a straw!

I've been waiting a month now for the Triumph connector for a SH775. I will buy used parts off of fleabay before I buy from them again!

Of course, I get the automated emails reminding me that I still don't have my part!
                Last edited by 1978GS750E; 08-27-2020, 03:00 PM.
                Ron
                When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                1982 GS1100E
                1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                  I've been waiting a month now for the Triumph connector for a SH775.
                  Hermy's Triumph...

Got my cable for the SH775 in about a week....
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Well, I took Bob's advice and cancelled the orders that I had with Bike Bandit today (Both orders were over 7 weeks old!) and ordered parts from Hermys.

Prices were EXACTLY the same. Service HAS to be better from Hermys!

I'm never buying from Bike Bandit again! I promise! Really.......Never again!
                    Last edited by 1978GS750E; 09-02-2020, 09:24 PM.
                    Ron
                    When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                    1982 GS1100E
                    1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                      Well, I took Bob's advice and cancelled the orders that I had with Bike Bandit today (Both orders were over 7 weeks old!) and ordered parts from Hermys.

Prices were EXACTLY the same. Service HAS to be better from Hermys!

I'm never buying from Bike Bandit again! I promise! Really.......Never again!
                      Please post back when you get the parts. Just curious if they continue to do well.
                      Ordered a couple small parts for my Trophy about a week ago, and they just got here, so still pleased.
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Well........I got an email today from Hermys informing me that one of the 2 Triumph items was on backorder from the UK for 2-3 weeks, and wanting to know if I wanted the rest of my order shipped since it was in stock! (the Triumph connector for the SH775) Lot's better than the 7 weeks I waited for these items from Bike Crap-it,,I mean Bike Bandit!

Excellent customer service IMHO.

Hopefully I have found a better parts supplier!

Thanks, Bob!
                        Ron
                        1982 GS1100E
                        1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Ordered side cover gaskets for my gs850 on October 27th, 2020 from Bike Bandit, still waiting.. 11 weeks seems a bit unreasonable, even with the world burning..
                          -Mark
                          Boston, MA
                          Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
                          sigpic
                          1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Working...
                          X