I bought another Suzuki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought another Suzuki

Well being laid up has not got me down as far as getting back on the horse again.
    My Bandit that I bought just in July of course is no more...and even though I originally bought the bandit to flip, it really surprised me...I thoroughly enjoyed riding it.
    So I got looking around and by accident stumbled on the Suzuki GSX-S1000FA...basically a detuned GSXR (147hp) with Renthal bars and a comfortable riding position.
    I started my search but boy there are many around here...which of course attracted me even more to the bike.

This is what I found....2018...the guy selling it was selling it for his friend's wife...his friend died in May of cancer...he was 63 and rode it for just over a year but managed to put 14,000kms on it.
    I first went to see it about 3 weeks ago...a buddy drove me up island to see it. The seller and I stayed in touch...nice guy and a rider himself. I told him about my "Friday afternoon safety meetings"...and yesterday he came to one.
    We made a deal on the bike and will have it sometime next week.
    This is not to replace anything as I will never sell the BMW...but with 90k on it it was time to look for something else to put miles on.
    It comes with a transferable warranty good until March 2024...
    Now to work hard at rehab so I can get back on a bike.

Btw I sold my 2016 DR650 last week...I was afraid of being tempted to ride it too soon...and I only ride it off road and the last thing I need right now is to fall off a bike. I'll look at getting something smaller in the summer like a KTM or Husky.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2017/...20and%20torque.

No signature

Very nice.
    1981 GS550T (Long gone)
    1983 GS650G (Rolling rebuild is now a full rebuild.)

Comment

Nice. Should be a good motivator for you.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Gotta love a bike with that legendary K5 GSXR 1000 engine at its core.
        Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
        2006 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
          Gotta love a bike with that legendary K5 GSXR 1000 engine at its core.
          I am super excited! Should be one solid do everything bike for me....can't wait to do my first multi day trip on it.
          No signature

Comment

I hope you're healing nicely, Trevor!

That ride reminds me of my first bike...except mine was the classic Suzuki blue 750...not a liter bike.

Nice ride, by the way. Looking forward to your photos of this bike.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

If you need someone to ride it home for you..... I'm sure Mark will shove me to the ground to be first in line to volunteer.

Great choice and a great colour. Suzuki do wicked metallics that just come alive in the sun.
              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                If you need someone to ride it home for you..... I'm sure Mark will shove me to the ground to be first in line to volunteer.

Great choice and a great colour. Suzuki do wicked metallics that just come alive in the sun.
                Lol...I'm actually going up in my Truck to puck it up today.
                No signature

Comment

Wow! It's way out of my ken but good for you! I'm still sad about the Bandit, though. Even I would say it was a handsome bike.

Comment

Good choice. Blue was not your color.....
                    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I didn't realize those were that good looking. In my mind's eye I'd picture an excessively 'Transformer' look, but that color scheme really works.

That thing looks showroom. Congratulations!

(I'm just glad I'm not the one who'll be shimming the valve clearances!)
                      and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                      __________________________________________________ ______________________
                      2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                        Good choice. Blue was not your color.....
                        Lol... my said the same thing. 🙂
                        No signature

Comment

I am looking at the 2020 V-Strom 650. It’s one of the few ADV-themed bikes without the ridiculous high exhaust that blocks pannier space. I like the compact plastic side cases. I just wish it was shaft drive. Will someone please make a sub-700cc upright bike with shaft drive?

Last edited by Admiral Beez; 11-08-2020, 07:00 PM.
                          1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Beez View Post
                            I am looking at the 2020 V-Strom 650. It’s one of the few ADV-themed bikes without the ridiculous high exhaust that blocks pannier space. I like the compact plastic side cases. I just wish it was shaft drive. Will someone please make a sub-700cc upright bike with shaft drive?

Boy that's a nice looking bike!
                            No signature

Comment

The new V-Strom 1050 has a real DR Big vibe to it.

2020-Suzuki-V-Strom-1050XT-First-Look.jpg
                              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X