No announcement yet.

Please give your support and prayers to Tom MLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I updated my first post to include information on donating to Tom and his fight. He has lost his income from his fitness instructor position, so anything you can do will certainly help.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Here is tonight's update from Lynda:

Hi Everyone. I just received this from Tom:
      Today I spent 10 1/2 hours in the chair. First I had to wait for my blood chemistry tests. While waiting, the nurse changed the dressing on my picc line. I didn't know it, but she told me the line runs thru my vein, and almost to my heart!
      The staff her in oncology is so terrific. The have a special job to do. Each and every patient is fighting for their life. Takes a great deal of compassion to care for us all.

So my blood work was fine, and the chemo started at 12:30. Six hours I have to watch a drip...drip...drip. And to top it off, I have a small bottle of "juice" I have to wear fro 48 hours. It's about the size of a baby bottle, and the infusion is metered at a very slow drip.

I will return to hospital on Wednesday afternoon to remove this bottle.

I feel fine. No gruesome side effects...yet. Let's see what tomorrow has in store for me.

Feel free to share with the group.

Cheers,

Tom

Comment

WTG Tom!
        From the movie The Waterboy...

YOU CAN DO IT!

Daniel

Comment

This morning's update from Lynda:

Tom got through the chemo yesterday and is doing ok except for a few little side effects. He eats a good breakfast and lunch but is having a little trouble with his appetite at night. He tries to snack as much as he can, and Nami is making sure he has lots of delicious food around. So far, he's still maintaining his weight.

Tom & Nami are looking forward to their daughter's visit this weekend. She lives in Oregon.

Comment

Latest update from Lynda ... Tom's struggling with chemo side effects, so let's make sure he knows we're pulling for him!

"Since Wednesday, Tom has had no appetite due to nausea. Of course, he knows he must eat, but just the thought of eating something makes him nauseous. He's also having chills and body aches along with alternating bouts of constipation and cramping diarrhea. I hope this isn't too graphic, but Tom said it's ok for me to tell you this. Pretty disappointing, to say the least, but unfortunately fairly common with chemo.

He's also now giving himself daily Neupogen shots. Neupogen helps to stimulate the production of white blood cells, which is important in fighting infection. The white blood cell count almost always goes down when you're taking chemo.

He goes to the doctor tomorrow for a check-up.

On a happier note, their daughter Michelle flies in from Oregon tomorrow for a weekend visit.

Someone from Nevada sent him flowers, others are saying special prayers, lighting candles for him, visiting him, and sending cards & e-mails. He's so grateful for all of this, which helps him tremendously.

Lynda"

Comment

Today's update is better!!!

Latest from Lynda:

"Tom's having a good day, so let's forget about how he felt yesterday. He woke up thinking of cheese pizza, which they intend to have for dinner tonight, and he was able to eat a good breakfast.

He plans to go to the dog park Sunday afternoon. Daughter Michelle arrives tonight."

Comment

Hi Tom, not long been back from our trip to England and haven't been able to log on in all that time. Haven't caught up with this thread yet either but wanted you to know you have been in my thoughts.

Keep your chin up, we're all pulling for you.
                It's smoke that make electronic components work.
                Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
                '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
                '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
                '82 GS1000SZ
                '82 GS1100GL
                '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Lynda's latest update:

"Tom and Nami had a great visit with daughter Michelle over the weekend. His check-up on Friday was fine.

Tom went to work today and did well. He's lost a few pounds--now 161. Still having some back & stomach pains. Next chemo. is next Monday. He hopes to be at "Step Up For Tom" all day and may even try to do a little teaching!!!"

Comment

Tom,

If you're reading this know that you're in my prayers. I just saw this post and i jumped for the phone. It's 3 am in California since i'm in Patagonia right now but will call you the next stop on the road. Hang in there buddy and stay strong. Here's a picture to cheer you up.

Comment

Lynda's latest update, received yesterday:

"Tom has good days and bad days, just like on a roaster coaster. The upside is that he's gained weight--166 (up from 161) and has been going to work every day and being very productive. The downside is that he continues to have gastrointestinal problems, kinda like having the flu all the time. No fever or chills though. He goes to the doctor tomorrow for a pre-chemo. check-up. Third chemo is Monday. He's looking forward to seeing everyone on the 20th!!!"

Comment

Lynda's latest update, earlier tonight:

"I talked to Tom briefly just now (6 pm)--he was able to get his chemo today. He was still at the VA and Nami was just picking him up. Mighty long day--and no more World Series to watch like last time. So far, so good, and he will see you all tomorrow!!!"

Comment

Thanks for the update. What's the "Step up for Tom" meet? I didn't read anything more about it than the brief mention earlier.
                          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
                            Thanks for the update. What's the "Step up for Tom" meet? I didn't read anything more about it than the brief mention earlier.
                            Here's another thread I started, and some info on the event:

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Thanks Bruce. I hope the day goes well!
                              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                                Here's another thread I started, and some info on the event:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=168322
                                Thanks for linking that, Bruce!

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                                X