anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got ourTree!!!

I'm With Lurch, No snow means an extended season and less snow to move, after the past 2 winters I'm ready for a mild one!. El Nino is suppose to keep the snow at bay through January too... HERE'S to hoping!!

Hope you all have an awesome holiday season this year!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Rob, I love the snow pics.
      Justin, you picked up your tree with the Connie?.... Too cool!
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        Justin, you picked up your tree with the Connie?.... Too cool!
        WOW!! I didn't even notice the tree until you mentioned it in your response. I was too busy lusting for the Connie and looking through the window. NICE!
        (and way cool re: picking up the tree with the Connie. Calendar material, IMHO.
        Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
        '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
        '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
        '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Lol Yeah she's my tank... Gotta put that 1.4L to some work! Should have taken a pic of the guys face when he asked to tie it down to my car for me and I pointed to my bike. It was hilarious... 6 footer too so it wasn't a small duffer.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I TRIED to go for a ride today....in Hamilton, Ohio the weather has been nicer than usual...today started out foggy and 29 degrees but was supposed to hit 48. Well I waited til 330pm, and it got up to a balmy 41 degrees. I decided that I would take my old bike out for a quick spin around the neighborhood. This would be the 2nd ride on the bike for me, ever. Before that 6 years ago I took the MSF course and passed.

JUST a hint for anyone interested....if the temperature is only 41 degrees, and you only own a mesh riding jacket,trying to wear a fleece pullover under it will NOT help you any to keep warm. Neither will thin summer weight riding gloves.

about 2 minutes after pulling out of the yard and heading down the street to go around the block I knew this was a mistake trying to ride today. The wind was cutting through the jackets and the gloves. I ended up going around the block, then coming right back home and putting the bike away.

sean
            CameraZOOM-20151205164148869.jpg

Comment

170 mile rain ride yesterday.
              Not sure what I was thinking, but more interesting than driving the van.
              Didn't even hit reserve, stayed dry aside from hands and feet.
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by seanarthurmachado View Post
                I TRIED to go for a ride today......
                about 2 minutes after pulling out of the yard and heading down the street to go around the block I knew this was a mistake trying to ride today. .......
                Sean,
                I would say you did go for a ride. You did have a riding experience. You did experience various aspects of riding. You are now a more experienced rider.

It wasn't too cold to ride. Just that your gear wasn't appropriate.

Two things about gear in colder weather. 1. Insulation. 2. Sealing out air infiltration.
                Fleace is good insulation but not good at sealing out air infiltration. Mesh Jacket specifically designed to allow air infiltration.

Good that you gave it a try. Good that you realized that was not a good idea to proceed much further.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

45 degrees this afternoon.
                  GK stuck in far back corner of garage.
                  Shadow 500 easier to get out.
                  Was about to leave and then remembered that haven't put the license plate renewal sticker tab on the plate, so did that.
                  Went for about an hour ride.
                  Stopped a couple times to warm up and look over the water flowing in creek.

You may have seen some of these places in my pics in recent years (but maybe folks on Shadow forumn haven't seen them har har har)

On way back stopped to throw a quick 9.

THen noticed what looked like a great colorful sunset, so headed into town and by the lakeshore.
                  But by the time I got there, the sun had gone behind some clouds at the horizon... but took picture anyway.

38 degrees when I got back.

When got inside , I found the Shadow licene plate registration and new tab sticker on the counter.
                  Huh? WHat?
                  Doah... I had put the tab for the van on the Shadow plate.

Last edited by Redman; 12-06-2015, 09:00 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I hadn't been on a bike in a week. It was 50th birthday and the power went out in the house because of crappy weather. I thought. "I need to go for a ride"...funny. I really like riding in rain sometimes. I don't put any pressure on myself to ride fast, just smooth.

The forecast....
                    Strong winds that may cause damage are expected or occurring. Southeast winds up to 80 km/h today over exposed coastal sections as an intense Pacific frontal system moves across Vancouver Island. Winds will ease this evening when the front moves east of the region. Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. Loose objects may be tossed by the wind and cause injury or damage. Wind warnings are issued when there is a significant risk of damaging winds. Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required. Please monitor local media or Weatheradio. To report severe weather, send an email to pacificstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports to #BCStorm.

Rode out to the west side of the island to William Head corrections centre...

How Canadian is that? Lol

I came along a side road I had never been down and this guys had a ll these crazy decorations on the fence..

No signature

Comment

Even a road closure because of weather...the looked at me and just shook his head. Lol

No signature

Comment

So it takes more severe storm warnings than that to stop you, eh.

I can see you discussing this with the officer at the road closure,
                        "Well, you see, officer, I haven't been for a ride in over a week, and its my 50th birthday......."

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        I hadn't been on a bike in a week. It was 50th birthday .............
                        Keep in mind that 50 isn't old.
                        Is only half a century.

Thanks for posting and sharing your birthday ride.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Even a road closure because of weather...the looked at me and just shook his head. Lol

LOL Trev you crack me up... Looks like we got nicer weather my way. Yeah El Nino!

Happy 50th!! Your only 1 year younger then my parent's!!!

Ride safe buddy...
                          Last edited by Jedz123; 12-06-2015, 09:30 PM.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

38 degrees when I got back.
                            Gorgeous Shot Red... Liking the small displacement Honda? Sometimes it's fun to take the little guys out for a good run!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                              ... Liking the small displacement Honda? Sometimes it's fun to take the little guys out for a good run!
                              I like the engine, as far as being torquey. Is near square.
                              Is V-twin, with offset crank pins so cylinder firing are 180 degree.
                              Is fun to rip thru the gears.
                              Riding position is awful for any distance. (Got it for the seat height considerations, for wife to learn on. I keep it for a "winter beater" and as a guest-visitors bike.)

Comment

I ride almost daily (the bike is all I got)...if ya wanna see some vids I made, search "VulcanWolfie" on youtube....

Comment

Working...
                                X