anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WolfworksCustoms View Post
    I ride almost daily (the bike is all I got)...if ya wanna see some vids I made, search "VulcanWolfie" on youtube....

Nice!!! The weather is holding up over here on this side of the lake (Champlain that is). Forecasts predict a mild winter. Good news for us!!

Ride Safe.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Supposed to be in the low 60's here this weekend !....ROADTRIP !!!!!!!!

Comment

I rode to work and back today. It was only 27 miles each way, but only 35 degrees, so it felt like more of an adventure than it actually was.
        1977 GS550

Comment

13 straight days of 1"+ rainfall. Major flooding and many closed roads, big windstorm and lots of power outages. I had a 4" branch spear through the roof. Looks like we won't get a repeat of last years non-winter. That said, Sunday might present a chance for a ride....
          sigpic
          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
          1983 GS1100e
          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
          1980 GS1260
          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

42 degrees, wet, but not raining, good enough for ride-to-Saturday-morning-breakfast. Great for December in Michigan.
              Afterwards, went for ride along wooded dunes

and along Lake Michigan beach (you have many of those scenes)
              and along river channel, and out onto island in the river.

okay, now is misting.....

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The SV650 took me for a 50 mile spin today and made a few stops. Great for the country roads of NH but not sure if it's trying to tell me if it wants track time?

Comment

Got a good 100 miles 2 up today with my girl after our ride I went fully bagged to do some Christmas shopping... Another 60 miles.

Sun setting on my very long way into work tonight..

HUGE week for me... Running total for the week:

Sure its not crazy high miles for a week... but IT"S DECEMBER IN VERMONT! This never happens...

Just an awesome way to finish up the riding season up here!!!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Got a short but very enjoyable ride in last night under a cloudy, warm, humid, December night.
                    Its been a few weeks, and it was great to hear the ole GS sing. Ive been dragging my feet regarding adding fuel stabilizer for its winter layup, so last night was the perfect opportunity to do so.

About an hour before I walked past this house with the dog, and the blank section on the tree was lit.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

went for a ride on the snowmobile trails today. ridiculously warm for december.

this is nature conservancy land. i took a little stroll. the beavers are very busy here but you hardly ever see them. if you get lucky you hear a smack, and they're gone.

this has to be about the biggest tree i've ever seen taken down by beavers. below is one of their dams, pond and their chopped down tree in the background.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                      82 gs1100L probably the next project
                      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Apologies for the glare in the photo... got out with the Katana boys for the last chance of a ride before Christmas. Perfect weather for it and a top morning out as usual.

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Ever eat beaver ?...(no, not the nice kind)....its pretty nasty....tastes like dead fish....(sometimes the nice kind does too....run away !!!)...but beaver meat is nasty....
                          But ya....spending many years in the Adirondacks of NY as a logger, Ive seen many trees downed by beavers.....thats HUGE....looks like a beech too....tasty wood, but it a really HARD wood....musta been some young beaver tryin to show off.....tree that size is of little use for a dam..... whos gonna drag it over ?.... ( I have a degree in professional Forestry btw)....thats how I know it was a beech....f.ag.us grandifolia, btw...

I had to put dots in the Latin name because apparently the autocensor removes the word f.a.g ....wow....what if I wanted to add a surfin tune by guitar virtuose D.i.c.k. Dale ?....just aint right....

But I see now where yer outta....Finger Lakes region.....makes sense....aint many that trap there any more, so the beaver (why aint beaver censored ?) been runnin rampant.....My son went to school in Alfred NY (the private university, not the state school)....I know western NY well....from Binhamton, to Corning, to Olean to the lakes....Syracuse, Lisle.....I been all over this country....I used to fly outta Elmira....
                          Last edited by Guest; 12-19-2015, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Merry riding on Christmas day!

It's 38 degrees here, sunny and cold. Took my 1100G for a fast 1 hour ride up, down and around my favorite country roads. Many other bikers out too.
                            Yes I wore a leather racing jacket, winter gauntlets and full face helmet.

Took this just to see the static sag. New Hagon shocks in back, .95 Sonic Springs in front.
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                              Took this just to see the static sag. ............
                              oh, .... your suspension.
                              (not your pants...)

har har har

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Sunny today, which by itself is better than most December days. And 40 degrees, much better than average.

Took ride along wooded dune (a different one that a couple weeks ago, other side of the river)

Surprised that nobody at the park at the north pier.

View from "Authorized Vehical Only" service path.

out for about hour and a half.
                                38 degress by time got home.
                                I really need to find the electrical wiring harness for the heated gloves.

Been a few years since I tried this.
                                Used small lights this time.
                                Just improvised what I could in a few minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X