Rear Wheel Assembly - Slack - '78 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Wheel Assembly - Slack - '78 750

I'm doing a 530 chain conversion, new sprockets and wheel bearings, all parts from Z1.

I put the rear wheel back on and I've got a too much room/play, even if I tighten the axle nut all the way past the threads, I've still got too much space. It's like i'm missing a spacer or I put it back together wrong, I checked the fiche and took 'before' pictures to help me remember, but I guess not good enough.

What am I missing or assemble wrong?

Here's the left and right side of the wheel:

I seated the bearings all the way down, not flush, but even if they were flush, there would still be slack. My #4 is inside the middle of the wheel between both bearings, my #5 is inside the sprocket drum like what the fiche seems to show.

you are missing number 15, the caliper bracket
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Doh! I stopped when I didn't pass the dry fit test, shoulda went a little further. Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

I think your "top hat" spacer on the right of the wheel is on backwards too...
        Nope Nevermind.
        I wasn't seeing what I thought I was...it looked like it was flipped around the wrong way but its just because the gap where the caliper hanger would be is now at the bearing face...

Comment

Working...
        X