Recommendation for Disc Lock for GS 850G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendation for Disc Lock for GS 850G

Can someone recommend me something similar to the XENA XX15 for gs 850G?

I bought an XX15 and it turns out that it doesn't fit because of the convex of the disc breaks. It curves in towards the center.
    I emailed XENA about it and they just wouldn't bother to reply back to me. Terrible service. I was thinking about the Kryptonite New York 14P but i'm still not sure that would fit either.

Last edited by Guest; 08-26-2015, 11:02 PM.

It might be helpful it you would state the year. Some of the brakes are different depending on year.

Comment

Sorry it's a 1981 GS 850G

Comment

the disc lock is fine , it is the discs that you need to replace, they are supposed to be flat
        GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Originally posted by derwood View Post
          the disc lock is fine , it is the discs that you need to replace, they are supposed to be flat
          Joke response?

Comment

I have a similar type of lock that wouldn't fit over where the disk mount curves so I ground it a little on the lock end so it would fit over where it starts to curve.......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              I have a similar type of lock that wouldn't fit over where the disk mount curves so I ground it a little on the lock end so it would fit over where it starts to curve.......
              Great idea! I dont think it'll work on the XENA though considering how thin it is.

Thanks for sharing that though, I never thought about that.

Comment

The locking pin of the Xena XX6 should fit in the oblong cooling slots in the rear disc. The slots in the rear disc are slightly larger than those in the front discs.

It is better to mount the lock on the rear disc, because it is quick and easy to remove the whole front wheel. The rear disc also curves inwards, so the XX15 will not fit.
                1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
                  The locking pin of the Xena XX6 should fit in the oblong cooling slots in the rear disc. The slots in the rear disc are slightly larger than those in the front discs.

It is better to mount the lock on the rear disc, because it is quick and easy to remove the whole front wheel. The rear disc also curves inwards, so the XX15 will not fit.
                  Sweet, i'll probably just pick that up then.

Many thanks

Comment

Where do you live that the criminals are desperate enough to steal a GS850?
                    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Sheeit, I hope they're not going up in value.
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                        Where do you live that the criminals are desperate enough to steal a GS850?
                        Sheesh, I wondered the same thing. Like really?
                        No signature

Comment

Working...
                        X