My adventure to Alaska, as promised at the Dave Davis Rally earlier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My adventure to Alaska, as promised at the Dave Davis Rally earlier

I met a few of you at the Davis Davis Rally in Farmington, MO too long ago and chatted a little bit about my Alaska trip and all the adventure that was involved (including breaking multiple ribs and having to ride 5200 miles back home). I promised to share the link on the ADV website about it; so here it is:

It's easier to just link there than try to cut/paste dozens of relevant postings here. Of course, if you have any questions, please feel fee to let me know. And, if you are considering riding to Alaska...DO IT! No other ride will compare. If you want a guide, and want to pay my way, I'll be glad to lead you next year and you can just sit back and ride and relax.

Thanks for sharing Jeff. Great adventure. Do you also own a Suzuki GS?
    1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
    1983 GS 1100 G
    2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
    2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
    1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
      Thanks for sharing Jeff. Great adventure. Do you also own a Suzuki GS?
      Jeff doesn't have a GS, but after Jeff and I met and did some wrenching by way of the V-Strom world, I invited him to the Painter Dave hooraw in Missouri. As we've found before, it turns out V-Strom folks fit in perfectly with the GS crowd.

That reminds me... I need to set Jeff up with some seat time on my 850...
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I enjoyed your story Jeff, but if you're ever in Vancouver for Gawd's sake make sure you do tip or your next beer might taste a little salty ! I must admit I'm a little astounded by your trouble with cards as I've used mine in bumfvuck nowhere in India......
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Excellent write-up. I enjoyed every word !! I'm not sure I would have the fortitude that it takes for an epic adventure such as this.
          Larry D
          1980 GS450S
          1981 GS450S
          2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

On behalf of my boss, he would like to thank you personally for two things... one, I spent almost an entire work day reading your report on one computer screen while I had Google maps open on the other, tracing your route. Second, he might not know this yet, but I am going to have to figure out how to take off a month or more to ride up to Alaska! Thanks for the write up, it was very enjoyable.
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
            X