Replacement Carbs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Carbs.

I am about to order a set of rebuilt / cleaned carbs for my GS850 from "Wired George"
    Has any one used his rebuild service?
    Thanks,
    Chris

Nope...what does he want for the full "rebuilt" rack?

Comment

No, but he has an excellent reputation on the web. If I needed another set of carbs, he would be the person I would turn to.
      Plus, he lives in Texas, the best country in the Union.

Comment

I remember a thread a couple months ago that referred to a k-RACK-ter by a name close to this, written by one of the senior members here. If I recall, he was going back through the carbs that had been rebuilt and returned to him and found a lot of incongruities, such as jet sizing, actual replacement of seals, etc. While this member praised George's rep, he kind of wondered if there was something else going on. He was very unimpressed with the overall finished product.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
          No, but he has an excellent reputation on the web. If I needed another set of carbs, he would be the person I would turn to.
          Plus, he lives in Texas, the best country in the Union.
          Wait....when did Texas become part of the Union?? :-D

Comment

NAFTA! Pero, mi gusto mucho el Ciudad Juarez, y el Ciudad El Paso tambien!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
              Nope...what does he want for the full "rebuilt" rack?
              $339 for the carb rebuild, $425 inc shipping to England, U.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Bohane View Post
                $339 for the carb rebuild, $425 inc shipping to England, U.K.
                even if you have that kind of money to spare, i say rebuild them yourself, you'll appreciate your bike (and riding it!) that much more
                GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
                  even if you have that kind of money to spare, i say rebuild them yourself, you'll appreciate your bike (and riding it!) that much more

A carb clean / rebuild in the UK is about $620!!!!

The above pic is the resut of sticking / flooding floats and the resulting fire.

I rebuilt the carbs (with advice from this site) with new rubbers, needles and jets but still I get symptoms of fuel starvation over 60mph.

Also number one carb seems to flood still.

I could not handle another fire so...... wiredgeorge and an exchange set!

Comment

A carb clean / rebuild in the UK is about $620!!!!

The above pic is the resut of sticking / flooding floats and the resulting fire.

I rebuilt the carbs (with advice from this site) with new rubbers, needles and jets but still I get symptoms of fuel starvation over 60mph.

Also number one carb seems to flood still.

I could not handle another fire so...... wiredgeorge and an exchange set!

AS she is now...I really could not handle another fire!

Comment

mighty fine looking bike mate!
                      i think i see now what you mean not wanting to risk another fire [-o<
                      GS850GT

Comment

maybe you could indulge us with a pic of the whole bike ? :-D
                        GS850GT

Comment

I am about to order a set of rebuilt / cleaned carbs for my GS850 from "Wired George"
                          Has any one used his rebuild service?
                          Thanks,
                          Chris
                          Yes, I've heard of him. He came around briefly trying to drum up business.
                          He paints a pretty picture but beware. He doesn't do everything he claims. If you're re-jetting he doesn't have much useful experience in my opinion. If he also "pre-synchs" your carbs on his "test bike", and tells you you don't need to vacuum synch, please don't believe that BS. You WILL need to vacuum synch YOUR CARBS on YOUR BIKE.
                          I got into it with him over what I call false advertising. I have no doubt he can rebuild carbs just fine and do basic float adjustments, etc. But I don't believe he replaces every part, especially rubber parts, as his website claimed when I visited.
                          I have a few posts about him if you searched but the main thing is he very often stretches the truth. He appears to have quite a little business going, depending on peoples fear of doing their own carb work and telling them exactly what they want to hear.
                          If you're not depending on him for a re-jet and you remember to vacuum synch the carbs correctly, he should be able to send you some clean carbs with proper float adjustments. I have to think he'd replace anything obvious, such as a brittle o-ring, etc, but I'd have no confidence he did all the work like you would do it yourself.
                          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

$339 to rebuild some carbs is pretty crazy. The job is dead easy unless there are stuck screws in difficult to reach places such as the pilot jets or pilot screws.

I invite anyone about to throw down a bunch of money on this George bozo to contact me. I'll do the job for WAY less...beer money is all I ask.
                            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                              $339 to rebuild some carbs is pretty crazy.
                              i think that's the price INCLUDING a set of carbs. not JUST a rebuild, correct
                              GS850GT

Comment

Working...
                              X