GS1100E project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100E project

New poster here love the site. I just started my GS1100E project and seeing so many different bikes on this site has helped immensely. Here is what it started as and where i hope its going.

Steve
    1983 gs1100E
    2001 Busa
    2009 Street triple
    1977 400-4

Gs1100e project

here,s what it looks like today

Comment

What is your plan on the rear?

Comment

gs 1100 e

Rear is getting an 05 gsxr 750 mono setup

Comment

Awesome !..

Comment

Welcome to the site, Steve.
            Great collection of bikes. I have owned a bunch of 400-4s, a fun ride.
            Any pics of the little four?
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              My first street bike was a Honda 400 Four with the factory 4 into 1 exhaust 75 I think. I saw one in Walnecks a while back for $3500.

Comment

Looks great so far! Good work!!!!!

Please open yourself a photobucket account and upload all your photos there. Once they are uploaded you can link them here in all their high resolution glory. Keep going...and keep us posted...with photos...
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

400 f

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                  we have owned it for 20 years it was bought in a couple of boxes and i rebuilt it over the winter in the basement of our townhouse it is a great little bike. my wife missed it this year as we purchased the street triple to give her a little more jam.looking back i think we had more fun on the old bomb,s than the new pair this summer.next year i will be insuring the lot

Comment

rear swingarm swap

Just removed the stock swingarm from my 83 gs11 and looking for some input.Stock swingarm measures 225mm wide and 05 gsxr measures 231.I was planning on removing 3mm from each side.stock swingarm bolt measures 25mm and new swingarm is 40mm i.d looking on a few web sites i cant find a 24x40x25 bearing. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Comment

All you need is a good machinist to make you a sleeve to go inside the new arm to bring it down to your pivot bolt diameter. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                        All you need is a good machinist to make you a sleeve to go inside the new arm to bring it down to your pivot bolt diameter. Ray.
                        I second the call for a quality machinist. If you're serious about doing the fat tire conversion, you'll need one. Or the skills and equipment to do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtleface View Post
                          I second the call for a quality machinist. If you're serious about doing the fat tire conversion, you'll need one. Or the skills and equipment to do it yourself.
                          I'll third it.

I'm a little concerned abou that aspect. Nobody local has impressed me so far. I have a good welder, he's an artist with a TIG, but the machine shops I have dealt with... haven't found the right one yet.

Comment

If you can make a CORRECT drawing, with ALL dimensions, Greg B here is a GREAT machinist! Contact him. Ray.

Comment

gsxr susp

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                              If you can make a CORRECT drawing, with ALL dimensions, Greg B here is a GREAT machinist! Contact him. Ray.
                              after a little more measuring it works out that the inner race from the GS fits perfectly into the race for the gsxr so i am going to weld the two together,use the gs pivot bolt and spacer with the gsxr bearings and it looks like it will work.I ended up grinding the 3mm off the sides of the swingarm.We got 3 inches of snow today so i wont be riding it any time too soon.thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
                              X