No announcement yet.

GS1100E project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$150.00 is a bargoon alright, especially with the quick turn around.
    Steve, i have a CBX frame that needs a blast and coat. Can you post a link or address for the place.
    The bike looks great!
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Powder coater

They have a website it is www professionalpowdercoating.
      Ca
      Last edited by Guest; 01-30-2010, 10:10 PM. Reason: Wrong website

Comment

Very nice !!! I think the front fender painted the same as the rest silver would bring it more together, If you look from afar that beatiful front end kinda blends in! JMO... Excellent work. What combo speedo/tach is that ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rkt-Rch View Post
          Very nice !!! I think the front fender painted the same as the rest silver would bring it more together, If you look from afar that beatiful front end kinda blends in! JMO... Excellent work. What combo speedo/tach is that ?
          It is a trailtech vapour have not tried speedo yet but the rest seems towork great could be a little bigger though

Comment

Well done, looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
              It is a trailtech vapour have not tried speedo yet but the rest seems towork great could be a little bigger though
              Thanks !!!

Comment

new kat slows progress

just picked up an 83 7-11 kat to play with all stock except the mill,wolf pipe, marzocci shocks and a hayden cooler. gotta get the 1100 done first but i can see what might happen to this one already

Comment

almost there

she is pretty much complete still waiting on my headlight bracket.Finished all elec,fabbed up tailight bracket,mounted signals,braided lines,levers,chain and misc.still have to swap pipe, install oil cooler and recover seat.wont be going anywhere too soon we still have lot,s of snow.all of you who live in the southern states sure have it good

Comment

spring has sprung

55F so she went out for her first spin around the block.Lots of sand and crap on the road but i can tell already this thing is gonna be fun.Wife and i will be going out on the busa and street triple this aft.Still need to bring the GS in for certification and reinstate insurance.Last ride on the busa i traded it for an 05gsxr750 that i have to pick up this week.Picked up my seat from AAA trim plus in newmarket yesterday looks great but the gap at the tank is pretty extreme iwill be removing the cover to reinforce the seat pan with a piece of stainless that should fix it.Sure was great to ride again i love this old bike.Rolled the Kat outside to get some pics next to the GS

Comment

First ride

Just got in from our first ride and i have a foolish grin on my face.It is like a completely different bike the handling is very sporty,comfortable seating position and i could not have put the bars in a better place for my size.55km and no problems need to support the tailight a bit better the wife says it,s bouncing a bit and adjust the rear brake pedal up a hair,calibrate the speedo and fix the tach as it spikes after 5 grand.To all those sitting on the fence about doing this type of mod all i can say is wow it is a much more enjoyable bike now.To say i am finished would be wrong as i think these types of things are never really done but a constant evolution for now i can ride it again and thats a good thing as i sold my busa yesterday to finance my next project the Kat

Comment

Looks great. It's amazing how much more stable they become with upgraded suspension and wheels.

Comment

It looks great, Steve.
                          If it is fun at this pace, after all the crap is off the roads and you get to wind it up that grin will be permanent.
                          Money from a Busa towards a Kat? I will be following that hot rod build for sure.
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                            It looks great, Steve.
                            If it is fun at this pace, after all the crap is off the roads and you get to wind it up that grin will be permanent.
                            Money from a Busa towards a Kat? I will be following that hot rod build for sure.
                            if i actually sell the kat i have add to the funds from the busa i could buy that sweet one for sale by Rob wilton

Comment

AMXSTEVE, brilliant 1100E!!! The red-trim stripes on the wheels is a nice touch...looks very 'performance'. Got plans for the Kat???
                              -KR

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Kaw View Post
                                AMXSTEVE, brilliant 1100E!!! The red-trim stripes on the wheels is a nice touch...looks very 'performance'. Got plans for the Kat???
                                -KR
                                tore the motor out of the kat and sold it TOO SMALL definately gonna stretch this one and add busa suspension as the guy i sold my busa to is stripping it for a 300 kit,yuk. works for me anyway i get my polished rims.swingarm,forks and brakes back for almost nothing,will get a new mill for sure and if i can find a turbo setup for a reasonable figure it will get that too.I have a strong 82 1100 motor that will work in the meantime.Might sound kinda funny but i am looking forward to the winter in a way as that is my project time

Comment

Working...
                                X