Project:Old Yeller on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project:Old Yeller on the road

Welcome to the continuation thread of this http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=161477 one.As Old Yeller is "finished" I thought this would be a good time to make the change.Hope you will come with me in this new part of our journey.

I enjoyed the old one, so I'll come along for the ride
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

A brief recap

Here is a brief recap for those who don't want to go through 42 pages

The local bike salvage had 4 GS750's for sale.1 85EF and 3 83's,an E and 2ES.$800 for all 4.

The 85 had papers and the 83's didn't so the older ones became parts for me and others.

They where bought as non runners so imagine my surprise when I popped the tank of and this happened,Bad petcock

Comment

Cont.

Took a 4>1 off one bike and the Supertrapp mid and can off another and it all played nice.

Put the best 83 forks with new seals on the front.Switched the 85 PDF units mostly for looks

Did lots of other stuff to get her ready to.It's all in the other thread.But she was ready to ride for what was left of the summer!

Comment

Cont.

In the fall she was stripped down to under go her transformation.

The frame and everything else I could was painted

or polished

Comment

Cont.

Then I put it all back together.

Was I happy to see this after all that work!
            Then

it was bodywork time.This is after just a few hours preparing it.

The reason for the project name.

And where we are today.Had a real compliment today.Was going down the street coming to a stop light.Teen on a bicycle turns and looks a us and says "Cool bike".

Comment

did the teen also ask if the bike was NEW ? cos it sure looks that way! great job !
              GS850GT

Comment

Had a couple of people at work think I had a new bike.Not bad for a junk yard dog. Could have been another name for this project.

Comment

Sure looks great! Well done.

Have you thought about filling those lines/channels on the fender in with black? Could be a nice accent.

Comment

Thanks Mike,actually I was thinking if doing the ones on the side covers red.Now that you mention it I may do those red to.Since this is an "On the road" thread that is what I did today.

Me and AZR went into Victoria to visit my pal Scott at his shop then went for lunch.Was great to finally do a ride with AZR.Been talking about it for a while.
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-14-2011, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Fixed some issues today.Center stand was not up the way it should have been.The wrong spring got on it.Just a little light and a tad to longChecked the charging voltage yesterday,was an anemic 12.6 volts.Checked today,a heathy13.98.Hmmmm.....

Comment

Had my wife take some pictures with me ans Old Yeller today.Here are my favorites.

As my face is now on here my name is Greg as a few of you know already

Comment

Greg, the bike looks great, well done!

Comment

Now you gotta paint the grills on the fairings. Can't leave them yellow now can you?

Love the bike and the leathers .

EDIT: There's a member here with the user name "Greg B". Just saying lol.
                            Last edited by Guest; 05-19-2011, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Nice ta meet ya again Greg

Lookin' good, and those leathers are definitely red!
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                              X