Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yahweh tribute bike

If I can call it that...

Seeing as the other 450S sold a month or so ago, the funds are now there to start on this one. Nothing new, as I am sure it has done before, but it will be brat-style bike.

Here are some rough Photoshop renders I did, so that I can have a clear image and direction of what I want to achieve and not just start cutting and find myself in trouble half-way in:

The tank will be a metallicy blue, black frame, charcoal grey wheels.

I have collected parts since the beginning of the year, though most of the stock parts are there. Cam chain tensioner rebuild parts are on order and they are training to see if engine gaskets are available locally.

All bearings will be replace, brakes rebuild, stator checked, valves checked and adjusted. It needs new tires, wiring sorted, new exhaust made (the one I got with the bike is a Yamaha exhaust), new sprockets and chains, to name a few.

I will post some progress pics so far - I started work on it on Saturday and aim to have it done by December, so that I can enjoy some summer riding.

Now for the pics!

Took the forks off, fitted gaiters and headlight brackets:

And noticed this surprise:

What are this issues around ANDF for the brakes - anything to be aware of when rebuilding the brakes?

Home-made suspended lift :

Detabbed:

Comment

Smoothed the tabs and rolled it outside for some sunshine shots:

Picked up some CB650 clocks for a steal, but not sure if they are too big?

I need to find somebody to bend up a loop for the back section - which is easier said than done...

Comment

What do you mean by yahweh? The only yahweh I can think of would be an english translation of ancient hebrew of "jah" or "jehovah"

Comment

Exactly what it means.

Yahweh means "The Lord" - as used for the first time in the Old Testament.
          Basically a bike to say thank you for all the blessings in my life.

Forgot to mention that the tank will have Yahweh gold leafed onto the sides.

Comment

Love it! Do it up right.

YHVH - Yaweh

Baruch Hashem - Bless The Lord

You could incorporate all kinds of things into the bike. I have a friend with a Deuce that "calligraphied" Psalm 23 on his primary drive belt in silver paint. Looks awesome. Wonder if you could ghost some Hebrew into the paint.

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Comment

I was torn between Yahweh or El Shaddai.

But Yahweh it is!

Comment

Is that a four motorcycle garage?? Wow!
                No signature

Comment

Yip, but don't tell her! The cars are permanently outside - it is actually a double garage!

We live in a complex with 8 units.
                  Last edited by Guest; 09-18-2012, 12:26 PM.

Comment

great looking bike as it is, it will look great when its finished. i like your idea for the seat, i would love to see what you do with that since its similar to the path i plan on taking with mine

Comment

Nice to see you getting stuck in finally Wally! Can't wait

What's that thing on the left fork leg? Never seen one before...
                      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Thanx Bradley! The idea is to run two plates: one for the seat pan and one to go at the bottom end of the seat rail. The bottom plate will act as a tray to hold wires, etc.

Not sure how I am going to fasten the seat yet, but will let you know as soon as I do!

Pete, that is for the anti nose dive system. Was hoping somebody could give me some pointers for that...

Getting seat hoop this week. Hope to have frame mods done by next weekend.

Comment

QUOTE:
                          "Not sure how I am going to fasten the seat yet, but will let you know as soon as I do!"

any way you can salvage the original seat lock? If you wanna run 2 pans see if you can run one slightly sub-level to the frame for the electrics and then the other would sit on the frame giving you a small gap for you electrics. maybe you can use the original seat and just cut it down? just some thoughts... i am wanting to pick up another bike and do a brat style project for the ol' lady and these were some ideas i have been toying with.

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
                            What are this issues around ANDF for the brakes - anything to be aware of when rebuilding the brakes?
                            Not acquainted with this term. What is it?

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

That is exactly the plan jward.

I have an original lock, but the original seat pan rusted through.

Steve, it has an Anti Nose Dive Fork system (ANDF) - I think!

Comment

Working...
                              X