Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance time!

Going with Progressive now. $75/year, 1982GS850L

Always worth checking around every so often.

I'm currently with Dairyland, FWIW.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmellyfred View Post
      Going with Progressive now. $75/year, 1982GS850L
      What does that cover? What's your liability?
      No signature

Comment

Mine went up to $82 a year with progressive when I asked to increase the theft coverage to $2500. Before that it was 75 as well with progressive. I figure at this point I cant buy another one for less than $2500 in the condition mine is in now.

Comment

Hmm, looks like mine is $150/yr with State Farm, but I notice they list my 22 year old son as a second driver. That is never going to happen. I think I'll call and have them take him off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hinermad View Post
            Hmm, looks like mine is $150/yr with State Farm, but I notice they list my 22 year old son as a second driver. That is never going to happen. I think I'll call and have them take him off.
            Sounds dirts cheap for a 22 yr old driver. I'll have to check with them if my son ever gets interested.
            sigpic
            1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
            1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
            1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
            On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
            All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Can anyone answer my question? Cheers,
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                Can anyone answer my question? Cheers,
                Oops. sorry neighbor. For my $150 I have $100k bodily injury / $50k property damage liability, $50k personal injury, $100 deductible collision and comprehensive.

Wow, I could save $100 by dropping the collision and comprehensive. The insurance company would probably total it if it took more than a few hundred dollars in damage.

Comment

Think mine is just under $75 / yr with AMFam. 36 yrs old and similar coverage as Hinermad, minus the comprehensive bit. Perfect driving record to date though, if that sort of thing matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Hinermad View Post
                    Oops. sorry neighbor. For my $150 I have $100k bodily injury / $50k property damage liability, $50k personal injury, $100 deductible collision and comprehensive.

Wow, I could save $100 by dropping the collision and comprehensive. The insurance company would probably total it if it took more than a few hundred dollars in damage.
                    Thanks. doesn't seem like $100,000 would go very far in your hospitals does it?
                    No signature

Comment

In my experience, thats about 5 days in the ICU or two surgeries. My health insurance picks up the rest of the tab. Would have to think twice about those #'s of the other insurance weren't picking it up.

Comment

Originally posted by aclaytonb View Post
                        In my experience, thats about 5 days in the ICU or two surgeries. My health insurance picks up the rest of the tab. Would have to think twice about those #'s of the other insurance weren't picking it up.
                        I have 2 million liability on all my vehicles.
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          Thanks. doesn't seem like $100,000 would go very far in your hospitals does it?
                          That's per person, to a maximum of $300k per accident. But you're right, it doesn't go far these days.

But let's face it, a bike vs. car crash does way more damage to the people on the bike than it does the people in the car.

Comment

Working...
                          X