What GSXR carbs fit a GS1150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What GSXR carbs fit a GS1150?

I searched this and couldn`t find it. I know there is a 38MM carb off a GSXR that works well on a GS1150. Is there a particular model or is there possibly a 40MM that may work. Thanks!!!

The Slingshots from the second generation, '88-'90, are supposed to be the hot setup. I've also seen carbs from one model, can't remeber which, that look alot like RS flatslides. They even have the accelerator pumps.

Comment

Thanks Billy....I assume the later oil cooled and water cooled bikes are different??? How about a bandit....wonder what they`ve got?

Comment

Bandit and katana carbs should work since they use the air/oil cooled motors. Thinking back, I believe the carbs that looked like RS flatslides were Katana parts.

Comment

In 88-90 750R there are 36mm Mikunis and from there 38mm. In 89-90 1100R you find 36mm and 91-92 there are 40mm. In my humble opinion the 38 slingshots are best choice after RS flatslide carburetors ofcourse... This situation is in european models, I have noticed that american models use different carburetor setup due to emission controls I think...for example some US models have smaller carburetors than other countries. And I think that there are even different models in different states?? For example I heard that California is extra tight about emission controls...so no full power models back there, right?

Comment

Are we saying that any oil cooled model will work but not water cooled due to spacing..I`m going to start looking around and I just wanted to make sure I know what I`m getting into. I guess I need to get the spacing specs so I can tell what is going on...anyone have that? Thanks again!

Comment

Yes, the watercooled motors were narrower and spacing is different. Stick to air/oil cooled models.

Comment

Working...
              X