Berrymens B12 Chemtool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

without reading the posts.
    i once did the no no of putting carb cleaner in ,my gas tank on the kz1300. I ran the bike all day and used a full tank of gas. i believe thats why i had no side effects. all i use nomally is gas treatment on any new/used bile. I do it for a few tanks of gas for the purpose of removing any gum that may have accumilated. I never buy a non running bike though.

Comment

You can however use deep-creep and blast it into the intake.. I've done that with good success.

Comment

Which B12 Chemtool product

I went to the Berryman website. They have so many products to choose from I couldn't tell which one you're referring to. Is it the gas treatment carb cleaner, the carburetor cleaner/pour in, or what?

Comment

The Product is Berryman B-12 Chemtool. Part# 0116. Claims to Clear off Petroleum Residue from All Fuel System Components when mixed with fuel at approx. 1 oz per gallon. I am running it in my 850 right now but it's too soon to comment on it's effectiveness. I have had other issues Non Fuel Related (see GS Stories Forum)
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Update on B-12 Chemtool:

I used it last week to remove the burned shoe-sole marks off my exhaust pipe. I used some super-fine #0000 steel wool and the B-12 chemtool to gently remove the stains from the exhaust. The burnt on rubber deposits came off pretty easily.

Then I polished the pipes with a commercial chrome polish.

Very easy and effective.

Matt

Comment

for general edification, part# 0116 is listed as B-12 CHEMTOOL? CARBURETOR CLEANER / POUR IN

enjoy

Comment

UPDATE! I have completed the Chemtool Treatment on my GS850. The Bike Ran Like Crap during the Trial, Stalling and Rough Idle. It Runs Much better now, I think Berrymens Did Clean some Gunk out of the Carbs!

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc
                  UPDATE! I have completed the Chemtool Treatment on my GS850. The Bike Ran Like Crap during the Trial, Stalling and Rough Idle. It Runs Much better now, I think Berrymens Did Clean some Gunk out of the Carbs!
                  I guess the question is does it run much better now than it did BEFORE you put in the Berryman?
                  Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                  80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

I think it does. It seems to idle smoother once warmed up. The Problem wasn't acceleration or Speed to begin with.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I had a post not long ago in the tech section where I had a clogged main or stuck slide from bad gas. Idled OK but would cut out at 25% throttle. I ran 4oz of B-12 Chemtool in a gallon of gas for a few minutes and the problem went away (mostly). Still hesitates a bit but I stored it right after that. I am sure it will go away when I ride it and blow the gunk out. Stuff is a miracle. We'll see if the rubber is goo when I unpack her in the spring.

Comment

In my younger days hangin' with "the King" at Graceland we used to get shot's of B-12. It cleaned me out okay but E said he hadda take a dunp. Never saw him agaain.

Comment

Working...
                        X