No announcement yet.

Perfect fitting oil cooler adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again Terry! Can you post some good close pic's of your cooler set up sometime?
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
      Thanks again Terry! Can you post some good close pic's of your cooler set up sometime?
      Of course mine isn't installed and I will most likely end up needing to order one of these adaptors as well but I have a new Derale cooler in the box if you want any pictures of it or any of it's parts Keith let me know and I'll dig it out and snap it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
        Of course mine isn't installed and I will most likely end up needing to order one of these adaptors as well but I have a new Derale cooler in the box if you want any pictures of it or any of it's parts Keith let me know and I'll dig it out and snap it for you.
        I'd appreciate that Mark! If you could, show all the parts and give the dimensions of the cooler please. Also the model/part #. So I'm assuming Derale is still in business?
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I'd appreciate that Mark! If you could, show all the parts and give the dimensions of the cooler please. Also the model/part #. So I'm assuming Derale is still in business?
          I'll do that tonight when I get home from work. I do not know if they are still in business or not as i bought this cooler off eBay as NOS.

Comment

Sizing Oil Cooler To Application

This site has some interesting info on sizing an oil cooler to an application:

Lytron’s world class recirculating chillers, liquid cooling systems, heat exchangers, and liquid cold plates are now part of Boyd’s extensive portfolio

A brief web search showed coolers with the Derale name although some are made for Derale by a Swedish company. The picture of the Derale kit for a car looked pretty close to the picture of a kit in the JC Whitney car catalog.

Comment

Re: Sizing Oil Cooler To Application

Originally posted by Joe in Oregon
              This site has some interesting info on sizing an oil cooler to an application:

Lytron’s world class recirculating chillers, liquid cooling systems, heat exchangers, and liquid cold plates are now part of Boyd’s extensive portfolio

A brief web search showed coolers with the Derale name although some are made for Derale by a Swedish company. The picture of the Derale kit for a car looked pretty close to the picture of a kit in the JC Whitney car catalog.
              :? Uh, thanks. Now can you figure mine out for me? 8O

Comment

I'll do that tonight when I get home from work. I do not know if they are still in business or not as i bought this cooler off eBay as NOS.
                Uh, sorry Keith

No excuses about life being busy and all. I'll "try" to remember this tonight

Comment

Uh, sorry Keith

No excuses about life being busy and all. I'll "try" to remember this tonight
                  No rush man! I'm in no hurry. I've got over 125,000 total miles without any oil cooler. Just thought I'd research things and see what I want to do.

Comment

Here you go Keith. Apparantly I got the deal here! This is the kit that has the thermal regulator in it and it came with the adaptor too! I think I paid 60 for this? Gotta love eBay

Front:
                    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwAIA9oVSS!hR*hmUSxpPx25MCnDj1930EOskqSRE715!rwLV VYPf0uSyMeivSbLFewaHIK**RwUE57Q8kKF1OId2tyfIxfwcSa usQdAJdgp!40Hpy6wMg/DCP_7195.jpg[/img]

Top:
                    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwD1At0VDzChR*hmUSxpP!Lae8WPDD8yjAdTSQJ5PDhttJJwm o2cKLMitiD4E1LiwHMEjTA8kVDyo4Vs!oJYp6E6zPk!!JwmKLU lgZMUs6Kup8YB*ITK7A/DCP_7198.jpg[/img]

Thermal regulator

Parts, note the adaptor is there! Everything needed is here:
                    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwA1A9AVriwB7pt!Rfu!4WJPvIry0HF5xAASB*Bw0G457AQEO dvBP908j!qfw4bTXvi1TSPltm9Gn8o0WF2I!IP7LNiMnpmgWtQ 1gEW9acrowey8tieCOg/DCP_7203.jpg[/img]

Instructions back:

Instructions front:
                    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwAIA84VKywB7pt!Rfu!4ULe3yPLOIoPVGL4QWyEMznKCxXxR V5ZqzKpu7YRKegx3NPaLu9sHTk!Q*AFAp6xlgtbAvQ9RUlozWn Sp9MBViIjqFBR0Z1YVw/DCP_7210.jpg[/img]

Seems to be a nice kit. Try to find one of these suckers.

Comment

you are a lucky son bitch good score,

-ryan
                      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                      82 Kat 1000 Project
                      05 CRF450x
                      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Super find Mark! I'm jealous. One more thing though. What is the cooler dimensions? Thanks a bunch for taking the time!

Comment

Looks good mate, excellent ebay "pick up"! Cheers, Terry :twisted:

Comment

Super find Mark! I'm jealous. One more thing though. What is the cooler dimensions? Thanks a bunch for taking the time!
                            Another thing to "try" to remember tonight

I forgot that, you did ask, sorry about that.

Comment

Another thing to "try" to remember tonight

I forgot that, you did ask, sorry about that.

Keith, sorry this took so long. No excuses, I simply forgot. Here is the coolers measurements and if you would like to download a better copy of the instruction document it is HERE in a PDF file.

The cooler measurements:

Comment

Oil fitting up close

If you want to see one of Terry fittings up close go to http://groups.msn.com/SuzukiGS1000sredones and have a look at one with braided lines fitted to a bike Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X