X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UncleMike
    Originally posted by Tad
    Originally posted by silverhorse47
    I'm still waiting for Tad to come through with the cylinder block he sold me on ebay back in December. At the time, apparently, he didn't have it...??!!! But he had it continuously listed on his website and his email catalogue, and he listed it on ebay again last week, so I'm confused. Ding dang it if armytad hadn't blocked me from bidding on that auction. Sigh.

Watch out for this guy.

S.
    Hi Mary,

Your order was out of stock and you received a refund I can provide transaction numbers if this would help. The part eventualy came back into stock some time later, but is no longer so.

-Tad
    Then why block her from bidding on it when it came up on ebay again?
    Let's just say we did'nt get along very well and I felt it was best to part ways

Comment

Originally posted by Tad
      I bought from him. Shipping was outrageously priced and slow as hell.
      Hi UncleMike,

I'm not sure what order was yours, but I'd like to ask what it was, what you paid for it, if shipping was any higher than the ammount stated in auction, and if it took longer to delivery than the time stated in auction.

This will help me alot!

Thanks,

-Tad
      Well, to be honest it has been almost two years now. It was either a cylinder head or a airbox assembly for an '81 450. I don't remember shipping stated in the auction, but I remember it being a bit high.

It wasn't so high that I thought you were ripping me off terribly, but I knew it could've been done cheaper. The real problem I had was it was just painfully slow. I don't mind slow, but I'd better not be paying a lot for slow, catch my drift?

Again, whichever part it was, and it may be both, they were both in excellent condition. They looked brand new. I can't state enough what good condition they were in. Very pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by Tad
        I bought from him. Shipping was outrageously priced and slow as hell.
        Hi UncleMike,

I'm not sure what order was yours, but I'd like to ask what it was, what you paid for it, if shipping was any higher than the ammount stated in auction, and if it took longer to delivery than the time stated in auction.

This will help me alot!

Thanks,

-Tad
        Well, to be honest it has been almost two years now. It was either a cylinder head or a airbox assembly for an '81 450. I don't remember shipping stated in the auction, but I remember it being a bit high.

It wasn't so high that I thought you were ripping me off terribly, but I knew it could've been done cheaper. The real problem I had was it was just painfully slow. I don't mind slow, but I'd better not be paying a lot for slow, catch my drift?

Again, whichever part it was, and it may be both, they were both in excellent condition. They looked brand new. I can't state enough what good condition they were in. Very pleased.
        Hi UncleMike,

Thanks for the info - I'm sorry if your order was shipped slow , at that time I was working by myself out of a spare bedroom If you'd like, I'd be happy to extend free shipping on any future order.

Cheers,

-Tad

Comment

Originally posted by Tad
          Hi UncleMike,

Thanks for the info - I'm sorry if your order was shipped slow , at that time I was working by myself out of a spare bedroom If you'd like, I'd be happy to extend free shipping on any future order.

Cheers,

-Tad
          Believe me I understand the trials and tribulations of entreprenuership (even if I am too lazy to be sure how to spell it.) That's a wonderful offer and gesture of goodwill that I will gladly take you up on.

Seems like he's trying awful hard to make good, eh guys?

Thanks much,

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Tad
            Hi UncleMike,

Cheers,

-Tad
            Believe me I understand the trials and tribulations of entreprenuership (even if I am too lazy to be sure how to spell it.) That's a wonderful offer and gesture of goodwill that I will gladly take you up on.

Seems like he's trying awful hard to make good, eh guys?

Thanks much,

Mike
            Thanks for understanding, it seems like it is a constant up hill battle sometimes! I look forward to getting ahead of shipping and keeping everyone happy!

Believe you me it does me no good to have upset customers, business wise or personally!

Cheers,

-Tad

Comment

Shipping of parts

Tad,

Thanks for your response! I appreciate you trying to catch things up. Thank you also for emailing me the shipping information. Now it seems the USPS can't explain why the package hasn't arrived...but that's got nothing to do with you. I'll let you know when I receive my parts. I'm sorry for having to take the actions I did, but since I couldn't get a response from you I felt I had no other choice. I've been ripped off before using PayPal though Ebay and they told me that I had waited too long to file a complaint and that they couldn't do anything since the complaint was late. I didn't want that to happen again. All will be forgiven if I get my parts. You do stock excellent parts and they are available at an attractive price. Good luck on getting things in order because this website could prove to be very productive for you.

Thanks

Buster Dog "Pete"

Comment

Re: Shipping of parts

Originally posted by Buster Dog
                Tad,

Thanks for your response! I appreciate you trying to catch things up. Thank you also for emailing me the shipping information. Now it seems the USPS can't explain why the package hasn't arrived...but that's got nothing to do with you. I'll let you know when I receive my parts. I'm sorry for having to take the actions I did, but since I couldn't get a response from you I felt I had no other choice. I've been ripped off before using PayPal though Ebay and they told me that I had waited too long to file a complaint and that they couldn't do anything since the complaint was late. I didn't want that to happen again. All will be forgiven if I get my parts. You do stock excellent parts and they are available at an attractive price. Good luck on getting things in order because this website could prove to be very productive for you.

Thanks

Buster Dog "Pete"
                Hey Pete,

I'm gald to clear the air on that one and I totally understand - it was just a weird way to start the day.. LOL ( and I had been up all night shipping! )

I look forward to your beautiful parts showing up on your door step and notification of that where needed.

Cheers,

-Tad

Comment

It took more than 30 days for you to notify me that the part you had sold me was not available. During that entire time you held my payment, and shipping fees, leading me to believe that my part was in fact ON THE WAY, when in fact my money was just sitting in your account making you look good to the bank.

The part has been in your weekly catalogue the whole time. You begged off saying that you were having inventory problems...that you ran a family business and etc etc etc. But every time your email catalogue came to me, I asked you to honour your contract with me. I notifyed you three times that you were still advertising the part you told sold me but "didn't have", but you did not remove the listing from the catalogue.

You did not reply to any of my emails after telling me that you didn't have the part you sold me....so it is hard for me to understand what you mean when you say we "didn't get along". What you mean is that things didn't go your way, you took a slippery dishonest way out, and now are choosing to diss me in the forum because you know you need this forum to sell your parts.

If it is indeed true that you did not have the part you sold me on ebay at the time you auctioned it, you were breaking ebay rules. You were also breaking your contract with me, which you yourself, in all your ads insist you will enforce with collections if necessary.

If you received the part after the auction closed...it still belonged to me by law. But you were obliged not only by law but through general good faith and good business practices to notify me of your receipt of it and to ship it out to me at the price I bid for it, and had paid for it.

You did not even have the courtesy to notify me that you were refunding the money, nor did you offer any explanation...you let paypal do that.

As far as you blocking me from bidding on the part a couple of weeks ago (low and behold the part existed after all...!!!) because we "didn't get along"...that is total nonsense. You offered the part at a low starting bid...you knew I was looking for a block...and you were afraid that if I was the only bidder, as I was in the auction you reneged on...why, then I would get the part for less than you wanted to sell it for. Oddly enough the part went for considerably more than your starting bid even though there was only one bidder...

Thus you continue your mean spirited dishonest and indirect way of doing business.

And tad....is there some reason you chose to reveal my name to the forum? You don't seem to have done this with any of the guys? It seems a little lousy on the netiquette. By which I mean sleazy. If I wasn't a nice girl I'd use an ugly word to describe you right now.

I continue to discourage any forum member from doing business with this individual. His current effort at glossing over his abysmal business ethics should be a red flag, not the reassuring gesture he is trying to create.

Comment

Watching...

:?

Comment

...and listening :?

Comment

It will be interesting to see how this pans out :?

Comment

Re: Delivery slow, but it does get there for me.

Originally posted by Tad
                          Originally posted by retrex
                          Originally posted by Hoomgar
                          Tad, your going to wind up in the deadbeat section of a very popular vintage UJM motorcycle forum if you don't come in here and sort this out buddy. I have bought from you off eBay and was pleased with my parts although shipping was very slow. Maybe you just need to fix some things up here?

This is certainly an opportunity to redeem yourself before your reputation goes for good with these guys.
                          I have made several purchases from AVP. They can be slow but they have delivered. I have sent an email to Tad via one of his associates including this thread link. Hopefully he will see the benefit of making people on this website happy. I don't know about the rest of you but I support the heck out of suppliers that get me my parts.
                          I appreciate the heads up, hope I don't disapoint anyone.
                          I'll stick with you Tad as long as you keep delivering, slow as it is. BTW. you are a bit arears on delivery of http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4569304383 in my case. When you get the chance, of course.

Comment

It took more than 30 days for you to notify me that the part you had sold me was not available. During that entire time you held my payment, and shipping fees, leading me to believe that my part was in fact ON THE WAY, when in fact my money was just sitting in your account making you look good to the bank.

The part has been in your weekly catalogue the whole time. You begged off saying that you were having inventory problems...that you ran a family business and etc etc etc. But every time your email catalogue came to me, I asked you to honour your contract with me. I notifyed you three times that you were still advertising the part you told sold me but "didn't have", but you did not remove the listing from the catalogue.

You did not reply to any of my emails after telling me that you didn't have the part you sold me....so it is hard for me to understand what you mean when you say we "didn't get along". What you mean is that things didn't go your way, you took a slippery dishonest way out, and now are choosing to diss me in the forum because you know you need this forum to sell your parts.

If it is indeed true that you did not have the part you sold me on ebay at the time you auctioned it, you were breaking ebay rules. You were also breaking your contract with me, which you yourself, in all your ads insist you will enforce with collections if necessary.

If you received the part after the auction closed...it still belonged to me by law. But you were obliged not only by law but through general good faith and good business practices to notify me of your receipt of it and to ship it out to me at the price I bid for it, and had paid for it.

You did not even have the courtesy to notify me that you were refunding the money, nor did you offer any explanation...you let paypal do that.

As far as you blocking me from bidding on the part a couple of weeks ago (low and behold the part existed after all...!!!) because we "didn't get along"...that is total nonsense. You offered the part at a low starting bid...you knew I was looking for a block...and you were afraid that if I was the only bidder, as I was in the auction you reneged on...why, then I would get the part for less than you wanted to sell it for. Oddly enough the part went for considerably more than your starting bid even though there was only one bidder...

Thus you continue your mean spirited dishonest and indirect way of doing business.

And tad....is there some reason you chose to reveal my name to the forum? You don't seem to have done this with any of the guys? It seems a little lousy on the netiquette. By which I mean sleazy. If I wasn't a nice girl I'd use an ugly word to describe you right now.

I continue to discourage any forum member from doing business with this individual. His current effort at glossing over his abysmal business ethics should be a red flag, not the reassuring gesture he is trying to create.
                            Hi Mary,

I look forward to replying to your post, I am pulling more info on your order and will get back to you shortly.

-Tad

Comment

We don't have a weekly catalogue so I can't explain that one, however we do have an online catalog - this is linked with our auctions. Naturally if our inventory is off in our auctions it will also be off in our online catalog - there is nothing I could do about this at that time. You asked me to send you a part I did not have, this is just not possible - "I canna change the laws of physics"!

I honestly had nothing else to add, nothing more I could say, and certainly nothing you would want to hear. That is not a 'slippery dishonest way out' You received a full refund for a part I was not able to supply - this happens every day in the business world, and yes, I do value this forum which is why I am working hard to state my side.

I would be breaking ebay rules if I intentionally listed the cylinder knowing I did not have it, obviously I did not and I also took extra time to try and find it. We also have a limited liability clause listed in all of our auctions for incidents like this. We operate completely with-in the law.

That is also not true, you received a full refund - at that moment our transaction was over. 5 months later another cylinder did come into inventory, but it was not the one presented to sale to you, and even a different part number.

Mary, the paypal message was from us, sent through paypal.

I am not afraid of parts selling low, or I would not list them low. The particular auction you are speaking off was for part number 11210-31308 - you had ordered part number 11210-31306. There was three bidders on this auction and it can still be seen here http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/...tem=4566834308 - please stick to the facts.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how I am continuing anything other than this conversation.

I'm sorry if you don't like that, but honestly I addressed everyone I replied to by their real name when I knew it - I consider that being polite and personal.

As is your right, but please stick to the facts - not personal assumptions.

Cheers,

-Tad

Comment

Re: Delivery slow, but it does get there for me.

Originally posted by Tad
                                Originally posted by Hoomgar
                                Tad, your going to wind up in the deadbeat section of a very popular vintage UJM motorcycle forum if you don't come in here and sort this out buddy. I have bought from you off eBay and was pleased with my parts although shipping was very slow. Maybe you just need to fix some things up here?

This is certainly an opportunity to redeem yourself before your reputation goes for good with these guys.
                                I have made several purchases from AVP. They can be slow but they have delivered. I have sent an email to Tad via one of his associates including this thread link. Hopefully he will see the benefit of making people on this website happy. I don't know about the rest of you but I support the heck out of suppliers that get me my parts.
                                I appreciate the heads up, hope I don't disapoint anyone.
                                I'll stick with you Tad as long as you keep delivering, slow as it is. BTW. you are a bit arears on delivery of http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4569304383 in my case. When you get the chance, of course.
                                Aside from the hour break I took to answer Mary, I'm still shipping today!

Your order was printed off last night if it was paid for after the 23rd. I'll be looking up ebay numbers and applying part numbers to the paypal slips and then handing them to the shipping department to be picked, pulled, inspected, wrapped, boxed, taped weighed and labeled!

If I'm lucky, no paper cuts along the way I'll move your order to the top in appreciation of letting me know about this thread.

Cheers,

-Tad

Comment

Working...
                                X