Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tad, I bought a Tach from you a few months back. But I cannot find the auction number or even my feedback hit for you? Now I see two names. Which is you?

I bought from this one armytad007 (1814Feedback score is 1,000 to 4,999)

Why two seller accounts?

Comment

Received my parts Today!

Tad,

Thanks again for your extra effort to check on my parts. To everybody reading this forum: Tad did ship my parts on 09/02/2005 by USPS Priority Mail (which was just a few days after the 3 to 4 week estimate shipping time listed on the Ebay Auctions). After receiving the delivery confirmation number from Tad I discovered the USPS had dropped the ball on my package which should have arrived on 09/06/2005. They finally located it in my local Post Office and evidently "forgot" to place the package reminder card in my PO Box. Tad was actually almost on time with my package. The problem Tad, was that I sent several emails after August 27 (the end of the 4 week promised ship time) asking for the status of my order and did not receive a response. I realize that you and your partner were probably cover up with emails, however, if someone could have at least sent me some kind of response explaining you were behind and I would be receiving my order soon that would have prevented my concern. Also, if I had received an email with the confirmation delivery number when the package had been mailed (as your Ebay Auction states you will do), it would have prevented my concerns with the items being shipped. After reading the other responses to this thread, it appears that you are trying to make things right. As I stated earlier, "all if forgiven". Please try to get through these hard times because you not only stand to make some business through this forum, but members will also benifit from having a good source for OEM NIB parts for Suzuki's.

Good Luck!

Buster Dog

Comment

AVP

I have had 5 experiences with AVP, first one was excellent (front brake caliper) was reasonably priced and shipped quickly. Next 3 were neutral (caliper, master cylinder and fork tube). These items, although reasonably priced, took forever to ship. Last item was a typical complaint I have seen in this thread, they auctioned something they didn't have and then didn't respond to e-mails, and finally, after a couple of months, I did get a refund.

Based on the transactions that I have had here are my two cents, the prices are excellent, when compared to dealer and other internet sources (i.e. bikebandit, JT Motorsport etc.) If the shipping nonsense and the inventory problems get solved, I would recommend this site to anyone. For the time being it's still a wait and see for me. I'm always looking at their auctions and keep an eye on their recent feedbacks, which, under their new userid, is currently 100%.

I would like to see them succeed, the dealers could use the competition and we need better sources for parts for our bikes. I would like to see them expand their inventory.

MP

Comment

Re: Received my parts Today!

Originally posted by Buster Dog
          Tad,

Thanks again for your extra effort to check on my parts. To everybody reading this forum: Tad did ship my parts on 09/02/2005 by USPS Priority Mail (which was just a few days after the 3 to 4 week estimate shipping time listed on the Ebay Auctions). After receiving the delivery confirmation number from Tad I discovered the USPS had dropped the ball on my package which should have arrived on 09/06/2005. They finally located it in my local Post Office and evidently "forgot" to place the package reminder card in my PO Box. Tad was actually almost on time with my package. The problem Tad, was that I sent several emails after August 27 (the end of the 4 week promised ship time) asking for the status of my order and did not receive a response. I realize that you and your partner were probably cover up with emails, however, if someone could have at least sent me some kind of response explaining you were behind and I would be receiving my order soon that would have prevented my concern. Also, if I had received an email with the confirmation delivery number when the package had been mailed (as your Ebay Auction states you will do), it would have prevented my concerns with the items being shipped. After reading the other responses to this thread, it appears that you are trying to make things right. As I stated earlier, "all if forgiven". Please try to get through these hard times because you not only stand to make some business through this forum, but members will also benifit from having a good source for OEM NIB parts for Suzuki's.

Good Luck!

Buster Dog
          Hi Pete,

Once again I do understand, the one thing that confuses me is that you should have gotten your tracking number e-mailed to you on the 2nd - is it possible it got caught in a spam filter?

If it did not arrive at all then this is something that needs to be fixed, that system is completely automated and should not be giving us problems!

Cheers,

-Tad

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
            Tad, I bought a Tach from you a few months back. But I cannot find the auction number or even my feedback hit for you? Now I see two names. Which is you?

I bought from this one armytad007 (1814Feedback score is 1,000 to 4,999)

Why two seller accounts?
            Our old account 'armytad007' is no longer used, once everything is caught up it will be closed - we wanted a more professional account 'andersonvintageparts' and a fresh start.

-Tad

Comment

Tad,

No, I did not receive any emails about the items being shipped so I guess it is possible that a spam filter caught it...but it sure doesn't catch alot of other trash I get everyday. I did however receive the invoices when I first won the auction from a third party..something like "shipper's depot". If those shipment notification emails aren't going out then that could be causing you alot of your grief. If you have time you might spot check with other customers. Like I said, it would have saved you and me alot of grief if I had received it. I hope this helps. Good luck again.

Pete

Comment

The part was sold to me on ebay. You accepted payment. Then you said you did not have it. You try to make it sound like I "ordered" the part from you. I did not "order" it from you. I bid on an auction that you initiated.

If I go to say...Ron Ayers...and order a part and it is out of stock...that is a different matter. Firstly they let me know immediately. Secondly they offer me a choice as to whether I want the order to go on backorder or whether I want a refund. And thirdly they ship backorders out to me at their expense.

I did not
                order
                this part from you. I bid on it in an auction. It is thus a legally binding contract. You reneged. Here is ebay policy in ebay's own words, which I sent to you after you blocked me from bidding on the part when you relisted it:

" Item: Suzuki NOS Cylinder GSX750 ES 1986 GS750 ES 1983 (4569295689)
                This message was sent while the listing was active.

Please note that eBay's Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described policy and User Agreement both state that sellers must deliver the items that buyers purchase from them.
                Mary Davidson"

You admit that you auctioned a part that you did not have. That is against ebay rules. You sold me the part. You did not send it. Whether you had it or not remains in question, as your catalogue continued to list the part. Whether it is a weekly catalogue or not is really beside the point, so I don't know why you bring that detail up except as a continuation of the "she's crazy boys" line of defense that you seem to be taking to detract from your own sorry behavior. Your catalogue comes regularly to my email box...let's put it that way.

You did not notify me for over thirty days that you were not sending this part out to me, during which time you kept my payment. You also asked for extra shipping charges from me during this time, which I paid. Can't help but wonder when you suddenly came to and realized you were auctioning items you didn't have. That little home office of yours must have been just buzzing with angry bees.

You are wrong in this matter. How the forum members read your generous allocation of time to "answering Mary" is up to them. I find your answer devoid of substance or reassurance, and once again repeat my warning to to forum. This seller is neither straightforward nor honest.

And by the way tad...it is usual practice on forums to maintain fellow member's privacy by using the name they use on the forum. Mine is Silverhorse47. Your insistence on using my first name in a public communication is to say the least poor form. Knowing that I have already called you on it, I consider your repeated and continuous use of my name, which you know only as a privleged part of a business transaction, purposefully rude. However, as you insist on being rude you may call me Ms. Davidson. Perhaps the additional keystrokes will give you time to reconsider your casual approach to the legal contract you hold with me... and with ebay.

To close tad, let me say you are right about one thing.

I don't like what I hear from you.

S.

Comment

I've bought a few items from Tad. Like the rest of you say, shipping was slow.
                  I didn't have any major problems until I won an NOS seat. But that was squared away, I returned it and he paid for shipping both ways. He's been fair enough with me.
                  I have noticed that the picture you see of the item up for bid, may not be the actual part you're bidding on. On some items this may not be a problem or matter. This did create a problem with the NOS seat.
                  Ask questions about the item he's selling, as you should with anyone.
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by silverhorse47
                    The part was sold to me on ebay. You accepted payment. Then you said you did not have it. You try to make it sound like I "ordered" the part from you. I did not "order" it from you. I bid on an auction that you initiated.
                    I'm sorry if I used the word 'order' incorrectly, everyone here already knows it was an ebay auction, if you would like to state this again, please do so.

If I go to say...Ron Ayers...and order a part and it is out of stock...that is a different matter. Firstly they let me know immediately. Secondly they offer me a choice as to whether I want the order to go on backorder or whether I want a refund. And thirdly they ship backorders out to me at their expense.
                    May I kindly suggest that you please order this part from them instead.

I did not order this part from you. I bid on it in an auction. It is thus a legally binding contract. You reneged. Here is ebay policy in ebay's own words, which I sent to you after you blocked me from bidding on the part when you relisted it

Item: Suzuki NOS Cylinder GSX750 ES 1986 GS750 ES 1983 (4569295689)
                    This message was sent while the listing was active.

Please note that eBay's Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described policy and User Agreement both state that sellers must deliver the items that buyers purchase from them.
                    Mary Davidson"

You admit that you auctioned a part that you did not have. That is against ebay rules. You sold me the part. You did not send it. Whether you had it or not remains in question, as your catalogue continued to list the part. Whether it is a weekly catalogue or not is really beside the point, so I don't know why you bring that detail up except as a continuation of the "she's crazy boys" line of defense that you seem to be taking to detract from your own sorry behavior. Your catalogue comes regularly to my email box...let's put it that way.
                    I admitted nothing of the sort, I said if I had intentionally listed an item out of stock then I would have broken ebay rules. However I did not intentionally list an item I knew was out of stock, as I've tried to explain to you before.

You did not notify me for over thirty days that you were not sending this part out to me, during which time you kept my payment. You also asked for extra shipping charges from me during this time, which I paid. Can't help but wonder when you suddenly came to and realized you were auctioning items you didn't have. That little home office of yours must have been just buzzing with angry bees.
                    I was still processing your order at the time and was holding out that I would find your cylinder so I could send it to you, naturally once I realized I could not I refunded your payment in full. Please re-read my last message again.

You are wrong in this matter. How the forum members read your generous allocation of time to "answering Mary" is up to them. I find your answer devoid of substance or reassurance, and once again repeat my warning to to forum. This seller is neither straightforward nor honest.
                    I am sorry you feel that I have wronged you so, and I have done my best to try and reason with you on this matter. If that is not possible, atleast I have tried.

And by the way tad...it is usual practice on forums to maintain fellow member's privacy by using the name they use on the forum. Mine is Silverhorse47. Your insistence on using my first name in a public communication is to say the least poor form. Knowing that I have already called you on it, I consider your repeated and continuous use of my name, which you know only as a privleged part of a business transaction, purposefully rude. However, as you insist on being rude you may call me Ms. Davidson. Perhaps the additional keystrokes will give you time to reconsider your casual approach to the legal contract you hold with me... and with ebay.
                    Very well Ms. Davidson, if you wish to be formal, I only ask that you do the same.

To close tad, let me say you are right about one thing.

I don't like what I hear from you.

S.
                    Yes we can certainly agree on this, once again I'm sorry that you feel I have wronged you so deeply.

However I think it's time we put this behind us. I am trying my best to continue this conversation towards reason, but I do not feel it is going to happen.

Unless anyone else has reason for me to continue, I am done with our conversation.

Cheers,

-Tad

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Dog
                      Tad,

No, I did not receive any emails about the items being shipped so I guess it is possible that a spam filter caught it...but it sure doesn't catch alot of other trash I get everyday. I did however receive the invoices when I first won the auction from a third party..something like "shipper's depot". If those shipment notification emails aren't going out then that could be causing you alot of your grief. If you have time you might spot check with other customers. Like I said, it would have saved you and me alot of grief if I had received it. I hope this helps. Good luck again.

Pete
                      Hey Pete,

Thanks for the info - I checked out shipping depot computer and it was not set to auto send e-mails - I too feel this is a cause of grief right now as most of our complaints are on order that have already shipped.

I think the best thing I can do is just mass resend shipping data, worst case is a few people get it twice.

Cheers,

-Tad

Comment

You bet it's over tad. When you rip someone off...there really isn't any way of making good.

S.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhorse47
                          You bet it's over tad. When you rip someone off...there really isn't any way of making good.

S.
                          I'm sorry you feel that I've 'ripped you off' , but you were returned every penny of your payment - if it was possible for me to send you the cylinder I would have.

Cheers,

-Tad

Comment

tad said: "...if it was possible for me to send you the cylinder I would have"

Apparently not, as you blocked me from bidding on the block when you relisted it. It's ok though armytad007. I understand your need to somehow try to make yourself look good after reneging on your contract with me. Keeping my payment for more than a month. Collecting more for shipping during this time. Finally refunding my money with an explanation that didn't hold water....after the period of time to complain to ebay had already elapsed. Then blocking me from bidding on the relist.

Yup. I'm really clear on how much you wish you could send me the cylinder. I'm really clear on how sorry you are that I 'feel' ripped off.

I was looking for more along the lines of an apology from you because you did rip me off. If your "not getting along" is a good enough reason in your world to justify backing out of a legal contract, I'm not surprised that you cannot grasp why someone who has been ripped off would 'feel' ripped off.

Good luck with your sales tad. I'm sure you at least intend to keep your nose clean. Your capricious way of deciding whether to honor your contracts and the endless cheery excuses, apologies and descriptions of poor little you and your hardworking ways don't do a thing for me...but maybe some will take pity on you.

Now do me a favour and keep your word. Don't bother to reply.

S.

Comment

I thought the cylinder that came up on Ebay later was a different part #?

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike
                                I thought the cylinder that came up on Ebay later was a different part #?
                                It was, but try telling her that. Hey, A for effort right?

Cheers,

-Tad

Comment

Working...
                                X