This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tad
    I would request that this post be locked and left in it's current state for anyone to review and judge as they see fit.

Cheers,

-Tad
    Send a message to Frank and let him make that call. Sounds fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
      Originally posted by Tad
      I would request that this post be locked and left in it's current state for anyone to review and judge as they see fit.

Cheers,

-Tad
      Send a message to Frank and let him make that call. Sounds fair enough.
      Amen to that 8)

Comment

If 'sliverhorse' could just get that head she needs all would be well. Holy doodle! Laughing my g*ts out here! Thanks for the heads up.

And my goodness! If only I'd known I needed a head and not a block we could have avoided all this public outcry! Should I consult my microfiche? Will micrometers be required? Are there moving parts than I had not anticipated needing?

Seriously though hoomgar.

I agree that silverhorse getting what she paid for would be a great ending to this sad tale of woe, and I thank you for that suggestion.

And just so we're clear, if tad had bothered to reply to multiple emails over the last few months it's very unlikely I would have taken my experience with him into a public forum. If he had not tried to gloss over his role in this matter nothing beyond my first post would have been said.

However he neither responded to my inquirys, nor was he completely honest with the forum in his explanation of my comment.

Still, I'm glad your shipping woes and those of others have been worked out. I agree there is hope.

Mostly I hope that the forum has a good experience getting parts for their bikes from armytad007 in his incarnation as andersonvintageparts. Or from any other dealer who cares enough about their paying customers to send them parts auctioned at price paid.

Sorry to have borderline annoyed as well as borderline insulted anyone.

Wrench? Amen indeed.

S.

Comment

Second the motion

Originally posted by Hoomgar
          Well you asked so here is my two cents. I think that silverhorse and Tad need to take this matter into private discussion at this point if any further debate is to take place as it is getting borderline annoying now. We, the rest of the people on the forum have stated our two cents and I believe that everyone has had satisfactory replies that Tad is making effort to correct his past business issues affecting our parts shipments. ....Can't we all just get along?
          I second Hoomgar's thought. I don't think this is adding any more to the evaluation of AVP as a parts source for us. This is a case specific problem and does not seem to be indemic of AVP operations as a whole. This should maybe be settled outside of the forum. True AVP has growing pains to overcome. Shipping is painfully slow sometimes, which is not a good point in their favor, but they have stuff that you cannot get elswhere. They seem to be making a genuine effort to resolve all resolvable issues. To date they have always delivered for me. I don't want to warn off other potential buyers in this instance. I think we should let this issue slide into cyber sleep.

Comment

Re: Second the motion

Originally posted by retrex
            I second Hoomgar's thought. I don't think this is adding any more to the evaluation of AVP as a parts source for us. This is a case specific problem and does not seem to be indemic of AVP operations as a whole. This should maybe be settled outside of the forum. True AVP has growing pains to overcome. Shipping is painfully slow sometimes, which is not a good point in their favor, but they have stuff that you cannot get elswhere. They seem to be making a genuine effort to resolve all resolvable issues. To date they have always delivered for me. I don't want to warn off other potential buyers in this instance. I think we should let this issue slide into cyber sleep.
            I think you just hit the nail on the head! Lets hope it says down this time.

Cheers,

-Tad

Comment

"This is a case specific problem..."

Every problem that any individual has with a sloppy seller is case specific. This issue is specific to me because I have pursued it over time, and tad hasn't liked that. It is apparently being read by more than those participating in the discussion, and I think it unlikely that any of us can determine what about its content the readers of the thread are enjoying.

Noone is stopping those who want to do business with tad from doing so. Noone is forcing those of you who are responding to the thread to continue to do so.

The outcome of a thing like this is predictable from the start. Some will take a chance because they need the part and can't get it anywhere else. Some will not take the chance of having their money tied up while not knowing whether the part will ever come. Some will instinctivvely understand that doing business with a seller willing to take advantage of their position to withhold needed parts is likely worth avoiding.

Others, like me, who have dissassembled their engines on the strength of purchases made from tad, then reassembled their engines without benefit of parts they have been waiting on for weeks on end, well...likely we have more invested in warning the forum about possible consequences beyond just whether we got a refund or not.

Annoying as it seems to a few of you, the thread has at least warned tad away from ripping off, holding up, inconveniencing or dissappointing other forum members. As such it has had value in evaluating the type of parts service he provides ie.pay your money...take your chance.

"Lets hope it says down this time." Really? Put your money where your mouth is.

S.

Comment

I'll add my two cents to this thread. At this point I feel it's just progressed into a bickering contest, therefore I'm locking it down.

I can understand silverhorse47 being peeved with how things progressed. If anything, she should have been immediately notified as soon as a problem was noticed with the part that she purchased. While it's admirable that Tad spent time trying to hunt down a replacement part, to not keep the customer informed as to what was going on and what he was doing to resolve the problem is a business mortal sin - especially once money changes hands. The customer must be immediately informed whenever a problem with an order/auction is detected. Period!

In the future I hope more emphasis is placed on customer relations. Slow shipping times can be expected from small companies but it is expected that email requests for order status will be handled in a timely manner, in a matter of hours if at all possible. IMHO, it should take priority over everything else.

That all being said, I consider this issue closed. silverhorse47 has her money back. She is free to go to someone else to find the part that she needs, While I sympathize, she does have her money and it is time to move on...

--- Frank ---

Comment

Working...
                X