Slip Streamer Inc. Customer Service Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slip Streamer Inc. Customer Service Review

I recently lost a cap that holds the windshield to the arm mount on my Slip Stream windshield. I searched all over for a replacement cap, but the only way I could find it available for purchase was by getting the complete hardware kit for my windshield, and that was $70. All I needed was the one little plastic piece, I didn't need all the extra hardware. After searching online for several days, I decided to give Slip Streamer a call. A gentleman answered and I told him what I needed but that I couldn't find a parts list with the part number anywhere, even on their site. He agreed and said they only list that part as part of the complete hardware kit, but he said he could sell me what I needed. The plastic piece was $5 so I ordered 2, and he threw in the rubber washer that's needed as well. He took my info, I paid via CC and few days later the part arrived in the mail with a hand written receipt. Very happy with their customer service, although it is a bit disappointing you can't find the part or a part number on their website. Oh well, a quick phone call is all it took so I'm happy.
    - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
    - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

I's reading your post and thinking, nice you got the part, with a simple phone call, but sure aggravating they don't have it listed somewhere instead of only in the whole kit. Many, these days, think we won't make enough $$$ selling that part, it's not worth our time and effort.... and don't really care about the customer, until it's enough to pad their pocket... Glad this guy did care enough..
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
      I's reading your post and thinking, nice you got the part, with a simple phone call, but sure aggravating they don't have it listed somewhere instead of only in the whole kit. Many, these days, think we won't make enough $$$ selling that part, it's not worth our time and effort.... and don't really care about the customer, until it's enough to pad their pocket... Glad this guy did care enough..
      How long does a company stay in business selling at a loss.
      Your assertions are absurd. The company likely lost money selling the individual part.
      1983 GS 550 LD
      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

We have a car parts store that has a lot of custom car "crap". I found myself inn a simulator situation, but the fairing was no longer in production. I went to the custom car place, and walked out with a bag of caps for around $5 bucks. They were ever so slightly different on the profile curve, but when I replaced all the caps, it looked fine. Sometimes you can find stuff like this in shops like that, custom furnishing stores, as those caps come in standard sizes, and you can find something that works.

Companies who make these fairings operate on such a tight budget, to be honest, it would have been cheaper labor wise to just have given you the caps, than go through the whole process. That being said, it great that you go the part you needed, that part probably costs them .010 cents, and many companies really don't know how to set up their websites. People have lost these caps and found something somewhere else, but if you design something, and the shiny bits should be available, at exorbitant prices, in staying with our present economic system.

Comment

All in how you look at it Cipher, Title says "Customer Service", it seems, unlike in the past, many folks are finding they don't even know what the term means, or is used for. Customer service is what's needed to get people, customers, to return to your Co. instead of going elsewhere. In this case, If I'd got the part, like he did, if and when needing another fairing I would surely go to Slipstream looking FIRST, just because of the customer service I'd received. If I'd had to pay the $70, for the whole kit, or had to replace the part with something close, that worked but not exact, the next time I needed a fairing, or knew someone looking for one, The first thing would be, I ain't going back to that Slipstream place, I can't even get parts I need, also would be recommending the friend not to deal with them either. If Slipstream Co. lost $2 fooling with the little part, but made $75 selling another fairing down the rd., to me, the repeat customer, or my friend that I had told about their "Customer Service" the $2 was a pretty good investment.... In today's world it's... Understandable in todays world, I just work here, could care less if you ever come back or not... Just a little history lesson in how things change as the yrs. pass on.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
            All in how you look at it Cipher, Title says "Customer Service", it seems, unlike in the past, many folks are finding they don't even know what the term means, or is used for. Customer service is what's needed to get people, customers, to return to your Co. instead of going elsewhere. In this case, If I'd got the part, like he did, if and when needing another fairing I would surely go to Slipstream looking FIRST, just because of the customer service I'd received. If I'd had to pay the $70, for the whole kit, or had to replace the part with something close, that worked but not exact, the next time I needed a fairing, or knew someone looking for one, The first thing would be, I ain't going back to that Slipstream place, I can't even get parts I need, also would be recommending the friend not to deal with them either. If Slipstream Co. lost $2 fooling with the little part, but made $75 selling another fairing down the rd., to me, the repeat customer, or my friend that I had told about their "Customer Service" the $2 was a pretty good investment.... In today's world it's... Understandable in todays world, I just work here, could care less if you ever come back or not... Just a little history lesson in how things change as the yrs. pass on.
            You got it right. If I'm ever in need of another windshield, or need to recommend one to someone, I'll be going to Slipstreamer. Their customer service was great and that is worth a lot to me. This windshield came with my bike when I bought it and so far I really like the product. Will recommend the brand going forward.
            - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
            - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Working...
            X