Niche cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niche cycle

I ordered Mikuni RS34-40 carburetor rack rebuild kit from Niche cycle about 1,5 month ago. When I finally get the package home a few weeks ago
    and opened it, there was Mikuni BST31-40 rebuild kit.
    I have try to contact them by e-mail several times, but no answer.
    It *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$es me off to pay for the expensive parts customs payment, receive wrong parts and donīt get an answer to any e-mail.
    Is that common when trying to contac them?

I've only been an irregular customer of Niche, but always found them to be on the ball.
    Maybe they've changed ownership.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
      I ordered Mikuni RS34-40 carburetor rack rebuild kit from Niche cycle about 1,5 month ago. When I finally get the package home a few weeks ago
      It *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$es me off to pay for the expensive parts customs payment, receive wrong parts and donīt get an answer to any e-mail.
      Try calling?

Our typical business hours are: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm EST
      Local and international phone: (727) 342-5601
      Toll Free Number: 1-888-792-0692​

Did you pay to expedite? If not how is 1.5 months a long wait?

If you used a CC contact the company to initiate a chargeback.
      After you call.

A webstore may look slick but without calling you cant be sure your email has not gotten filtered by an incoming rule and sent to an electronic "dead letter" office.
      1983 GS 550 LD
      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

I got a reply last night and they have refunded my order and I will get my money back.
        In my work I often order spare parts from all over the world and I am used to faster communication with different suppliers.
        Anyway, They responded to my claim and case is closed.

Comment

I got a reply last night and they have refunded my order and I will get my money back.
          In my work I often order spare parts from all over the world and I am used to faster communication with different suppliers.
          Anyway, They responded to my claim and case is closed.
          I also order parts from all over the world and 6 week wait is common and waits even longer happen. However, we can expedite in stock items so this helps. I have learned that western europe doesn't have the same motivation america does (and our motivation isn't the good kind) LOL... It doesn't bother me but my customers get hot sometimes...

I'm employed by a German company, have been for years and I've learned a lot...
          Last edited by unfocused; 10-16-2023, 09:04 AM.
          Current:
          1993 ZX11 - 2nd build in progress
          1977 GS750 (710 is getting closer)
          1998 Kawasaki Voyager - selling
          1998 Chevy C2500
          1999 Rav4

Comment

I just used them. Wasn't getting emails so I called them. They told me to check my spam folder as they were having issues with sent emails going to spam folder. 2 Emails they sent me had gone to spam. I had a return. Got handles no problem
            Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
            Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
            Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Working...
            X