No announcement yet.

Crampbuster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently installed one of these and took a 200 mile trip. I did have to stop and adjust it, but what a difference. Makes it safer stretching your fingers. Getting older sucks. I just recently started haveing problems with my hands cramping.

Comment

If you want something cheaper screw a hoseclamp around the inside part of the grip (where the thumb and index finger rest). have the tail of the clamp on the bottom and pointing back toward the rider. I'll see if I can get a pic tomorrow. There are several ways you can use it to hold the throttle open.

If you use a cramp buster or throttle rocker I strongly advise you to use it on the inside (thumb/index finger) side of the grip. In that position you are a lot less likely to accidently give it throttle when you are trying to roll off and squeeze the brake.
      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Maybe its my hands or something, but I've never had much of a problem with soreness on long rides.

Its just me I guess. I don't even like using the cruise control in the cage, so I doubt I'd want something like that on my bike.

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
          Maybe its my hands or something, but I've never had much of a problem with soreness on long rides.
          You must have very well developed 'throttle muscles'! \\/
          IBA# 24077
          '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
          '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
            You must have very well developed 'throttle muscles'! \\/
            I guess so. I think it was all those years of piano lessons. My parents said they would help me later in life.....I guess they were right.

Comment

I have one, but unless I am going to be riding for over an hour I don't bother with it. On long rides it definately does help a lot though, just not so good around town. When I get in town I just roll it out of the way.

Comment

I just picked one up today. I put it on but I havent actually tried it since Im in the middle of town. Ill try it out on the way home. Hopefully Itll help out on the 600 mile roadtrip I have next weekend.

Comment

I just got one too but haven't tried it yet. I'm off to an FJR Rally this weekend so I'll check it out soon.

Joe
                  IBA# 24077
                  '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                  '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                  '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Got one a couple of weeks ago (the wide one) and I dont know how I rode without one all this time.You can ride for hours and not get throttle cramps.I would definitley get the wide one if anybody is going to purchase one.

Comment

Wow.. OLD THREAD!

Well... I bought one of these today and put it on right at the bike-shop... WOW! I'm looking VERY much forward to riding home tonight... Feels GREAT thus far! Bot the CB-2 version (wide)...

Comment

Good luck. I won't let one of those within about 10 feet of any of my bikes.

I would MUCH rather spend a few extra dollars for the Vista Universal Cruise Control.
                        Much easier to use, and you can actually remove your hand from the grip to scratch a leg, if you need to.
                        With your "cramp buster", you still have to have a hand on the grip at all times.
                        And, ... I find them most aggravating to get into a position where it's almost tolerable to use.

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          Good luck. I won't let one of those within about 10 feet of any of my bikes.

I would MUCH rather spend a few extra dollars for the Vista Universal Cruise Control.
                          Much easier to use, and you can actually remove your hand from the grip to scratch a leg, if you need to.
                          With your "cramp buster", you still have to have a hand on the grip at all times.
                          And, ... I find them most aggravating to get into a position where it's almost tolerable to use.

Steve,

Have the CC on the way as well... I need to be able to get my hand off the grip from time to time, and you are right, the CB doesn't do that. The CC is very helpful for longer rides, and I had one on the bike, but it broke, so I have a Vista on the way.

I just thought I'd try one of these in the meantime to see how it works to prevent the cramps in the first place. Getting the right position seemed easy. We'll see how it works out in the long-run, but thus far, I like it...

Comment

I just bought one about a month ago too, did 1400 miles on my B-King in 4 days and that Crampbuster was a life saver! I LOVE IT TOO!
                            Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                            87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                            99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                            15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

I tried one on an 800 mile weekend recently. Nice for steady cruising. W rode a lot of twisty mountain roads. I had some trouble with abruptness there. You can lower it, but not that easily while riding. When you lower it it no longer works well for cruising.

Oh well...
                              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

I've been riding mine for a weekend now, and I find it to work fine for me. I'm pretty adaptable, however, and I can see where some might have issues with it.

I think this, combined with the new Vista Cruise I just installed, should really help with longer trips...

Comment

Working...
                                X