Georgefixit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Georgefixit

Anyone deal with this guy?? I bought a petcock from him. It was listed for a 1980, and I dont even think it's a Suzuki petcock!
    I have e-mailed him 3 times about returning it, and NO RESPONSE.
    He says he has a 14 day return...should I just send it back?? I just need the diaphragm, and I bought one from him, with another note.
    Any suggestions???
    Mine is the very yellow one Notice his doesnt have a fuel lever....???

Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2007, 08:18 PM. Reason: Added pics

George Fix has an excellent reputation here on the GSR. I have personnally bought from his ebay store, got exactly what I needed, and fast! I've been completely satisfied. That doesn't mean his return side of the business is as efficient. But I gotta believe he'll do right by you.

If not...sic Wembly on 'em!

That definately looks like the wrong one. My bike has that kind. No lever. Just the slot for a little screwdriver.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
      George Fix has an excellent reputation here on the GSR. I have personnally bought from his ebay store, got exactly what I needed, and fast! I've been completely satisfied. That doesn't mean his return side of the business is as efficient. But I gotta believe he'll do right by you.

If not...sic Wembly on 'em!

LOL @ Wembly...
      I have gotten a few things from him as well....great turn-around, but this is a really big disapointment

Comment

that petcock is for a 1980 GS1100e
        Looks like you have a 550 maybe where the mistake came about.

Comment

It's also the correct one for the 1980 GS1000E.

Comment

In his auction...it says it's for a 550...
            Still haven't heard from him...

Comment

I got a manual from him shipped fast and cheap with zero trouble. Sorry for your bad luck, but typos and other crap happens. I hope he takes care of it for you. And let us know one way or the other!

Comment

He just e-mailed and said to send it back...he was sending e-mail to another address...??
                Anyway...good to go...I always get panicky after a day..
                Thanks again for the support...:-D
                I get the diaphragm early next week...will THIS be the month I get it running...??:-D

BTW...He's gets the "Two Thumbs DOWN" from me...
                Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2007, 07:27 PM.

Comment

This guy...

REALLY STINKS!!!! I am so f'en p!ssed off right now....
                  I get the diaphragm...IT'S TOO SMALL!! What a STUPID SOB. Plus, he charged me for Priority(5.00), and was sent 1st Class (.58)...
                  At this point, I am going to the stealership... another WASTE of time, because those Nim-Rod kids dont know their a-- from their elbow!
                  I was HOPING to enjoy the weekend on my bike....so much for that!

Comment

Which shop are you going to? I have to get my visor from Danbury Motorsports. I'll ask about a petcock and a diaphragm for your bike while I'm there if ya want
                    Located in Danbury, CT, Danbury Powersports has the products for you. Stop by today.

and the fiche for the petcock: ( your bike is an 80, right?)
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-23-2007, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Thanks, Steve... I was singing your praises today!! :-D I got it off of bike bandit...Maybe I'll make it to the roller derby on my BIKE!! :-D

Comment

Sorry you had trouble with georgefix. I've dealt with him over five times with success.
                        That is an 80 petcock he sold you. Same as mine. My title for my 80 actually says 81. Maybe you have a similar issue.
                        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                          Sorry you had trouble with georgefix. I've dealt with him over five times with success.
                          That is an 80 petcock he sold you. Same as mine. My title for my 80 actually says 81. Maybe you have a similar issue.
                          That's what he said as well...Mine says '80 on the title...as far as the PO...who knows!
                          Getting one from bikebandit...keeping my fingers crossed...

Comment

It was georgfix bad. I looked up your petcock at http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp and it has a lever. Well it looks like he has two strikes.
                            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Almost all (if not all - there's been some debate) 1980 GS's had the infamous "leverless petcock." My 550L has it, a 1000G I once had has it. If your 550 didn't have it I would guess it's a fluke (or as previously mentioned, a 1981 with an '80 title).

Sounds to me like you're getting steamed at Georgefix without it all being his fault. If he sent you a diaphram from the same specs he used to send you the correct 1980 petcock, it stands to reason that it wouldn't fit your oddball petcock. I'm not saying that yours is actually wrong ... just that it's the exception for an '80 - not the rule.

I'd take a deep breath and cut him a break. Although I've never dealt with him myself I've heard nothing but glowing reviews from those who have.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                              X