Headlight Brackets, Wild Hair Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight Brackets, Wild Hair Accessories

I was having trouble locating decent headlight brackets to fit the inverted fork I installed recently. I still have a little work to do so no pics yet. That said, I placed an order with Wild Hair and was told it would take 3-4 weeks for the brackets to get here from Germany. Well they ended up getting here sooner and they are very well made billet pieces. A little pricey but there isn't much out there that fits so I took the plunge.

Anyway, Wild Hair is a great supplier for people modding their bikes and wanted to give them a mention.
    Motorcycle accessories & aftermarket European parts are available through us for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, Triumph, Ducati and other motorcycles. We provide belly pans, Fairings , Sliders, Rear Sets and more.

Originally posted by Grand Rouge
    Great site.....looking to order mini turn signals..front and rear...ought to increase top end...what.......... 1 mph maybe? Anyone have em?
    Do a search on Ebay for short stalk signals. It's what I use, carbon with iridium lenses and look much like the ones in the above photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Rouge
      Will do.....and thank you very much......
      Don't bother with running light models. They are so small that in hot weather between the ambient temps and the heat from the bulbs they will start to melt with running lights. You don't need them anyway.

Comment

Billy,

What did you use to mount the headlight on your previous traditional front end? On one of your pictures I saw it looks like you had something bolted to the triple clamp. I've got a GSXF Katana front end that I will be putting on my 700 and I want to keep the big round headlight.

Hugh

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh View Post
          Billy,

What did you use to mount the headlight on your previous traditional front end? On one of your pictures I saw it looks like you had something bolted to the triple clamp. I've got a GSXF Katana front end that I will be putting on my 700 and I want to keep the big round headlight.

Hugh
          It was a set of brackets I had cut out of an old stop sign I picked up at a welding shop. I may have one of them around here I could send you for a pattern. I'll be scrounging around my parts over the weekend and if I run across it I'll send it to you. They just fastened under the pinch bolts on the triples.

Comment

Those look really slick, Billy. Can't wait to see them on the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
              It was a set of brackets I had cut out of an old stop sign I picked up at a welding shop. I may have one of them around here I could send you for a pattern. I'll be scrounging around my parts over the weekend and if I run across it I'll send it to you. They just fastened under the pinch bolts on the triples.
              That would be great! Thanks.

Have you ever created a thread about your bike and all that you have done to it? It's a real beauty and you have obviously done a lot to it. I've read a bunch of your posts but have never come across one that really lists all that you have done.

Hugh

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh View Post
                That would be great! Thanks.

Have you ever created a thread about your bike and all that you have done to it? It's a real beauty and you have obviously done a lot to it. I've read a bunch of your posts but have never come across one that really lists all that you have done.

Hugh
                It's just I've never really finished it. I have so many parts that need to go into it that I don't feel it's worthy to do. I have a set of never used Cosworths with a set of Gapless rings I was lucky enough to get my hands on. Between having the pistons redone for the rings and the pistons I have about $325 in them. These things are virgin. You couldn't buy them if you wanted to. 12:1 little jewels.

When I finally do that motor I'll be finished.

I'm not far from finished with some suspension mods and everything that goes with it. I did find a way to deal with the bearing difference between a GS frame and the newer triples. Just take a dremel tool to the GS bearing and enlarge the center to fit the stem. I couldn't find a machine shop that would turn the bearing so I tried it myself. I just used a barrel sander and went at it. You take so little off at a time you can control what's going on. It took three of the sanding pads and about 15 minutes to get the bearing right so that tells you how little you take off at a time. You probably only need 1/16 to start with.

Over the next couple of months I'm planning to do a new paint job. When the motor gets redone I'll brace the frame and have it powder coated.

I'm an old fart so I do things a little slower than I used to. When I get finished I'll do a thread about it all and when I get deep into things I'll photo everything for people to see. I'll document the painting process too and show what I'm planning for an throwaway paint booth.
                Last edited by Guest; 07-20-2007, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X