Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lee Parks Design (Gloves and Stuff)

Lee Parks Design

Anybody have any experience and/or opinions about this company or their gloves?

Just about froze my thumbs and a few fingertips off last night on my ride home b/c the temps dropped from a daytime high of about 60 to an evening temp of under 40 and my gloves aren't really a cold temp glove (they're comfortable down to about 55 for my commute).

I've had my eye on the DeerSports PCI glove ever since I happened across them at the the Int'l Motorcycle Show in DC a couple months ago. They're pricey ($180) but they sure seem to be a great glove that could cover all situations except for hot summer riding.

Any feedback appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Guest; 03-07-2008, 12:05 PM.

I happened to be in Chicago for the 2005 show, and I went in first thing Sunday AM and Lee had few customers. He gave me a lot of assistance, as I have big hands.

I walked out with a pair of Deertours and I really like them. Nice product, American made, adjustable fit.

I can't vouch for how warm the big gloves are, but my vote is to buy them. You'll find uses for them and they won't trash out in a few years. Mine still look brand new.
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by MelodicMetalGod View Post
      Anybody have any experience and/or opinions about this company or their gloves?

Just about froze my thumbs and a few fingertips off last night on my ride home b/c the temps dropped from a daytime high of about 60 to an evening temp of under 40 and my gloves aren't really a cold temp glove (they're comfortable down to about 55 for my commute).

I've had my eye on the DeerSports PCI glove ever since I happened across them at the the Int'l Motorcycle Show in DC a couple months ago. They're pricey ($180) but they sure seem to be a great glove that could cover all situations except for hot summer riding.

Any feedback appreciated. Thanks!
      How about some heated grips? For about $30 your hands can be toasty while wearing regular gloves.

Thanks,
      Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
        I happened to be in Chicago for the 2005 show, and I went in first thing Sunday AM and Lee had few customers. He gave me a lot of assistance, as I have big hands.

I walked out with a pair of Deertours and I really like them. Nice product, American made, adjustable fit.

I can't vouch for how warm the big gloves are, but my vote is to buy them. You'll find uses for them and they won't trash out in a few years. Mine still look brand new.
        Sounds like your experience is similar to my expectations. I'm not familiar with Lee Parks product so it's good to hear such a great testimonial. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
          How about some heated grips? For about $30 your hands can be toasty while wearing regular gloves.

Thanks,
          Joe
          I considered that (Lee Parks sells heated grips as well) but I need a good pair of warmer gloves either way and, given that electrical systems are the weak point of the GS's, I figured that I'd leave well enough alone. Plus, I can wear the gloves on any bike at a moments notice.

Comment

Well, I decided to bite the bullet and order up a pair of the DeerSports PCI gloves in black. I called up and voila, I'm on the phone with Lee Parks himself...go figure. He took the time to answer all my questions about the gloves, shared some of his own personal experiece with the product and even asked what bike I was riding. He was thrilled to learn that I've got the GS550ES! Said he used to have an 1984 model and that he loved it. Well, after placing the order for the gloves and shooting the breeze for a few more minutes, I decided to order/let him sell me his Total Control book as I'm hoping to take his ARC class sometime this year.

Placed the order after 5pm on a Friday, they shipped it the next day (Saturday) and it arrived to me two days later (Monday). Did I mention they're running a FREE shipping special! Woohooo! No charge and it got to me (from CA to MD) in ONE BUSINESS DAY. Wow! This goes down as one of the top 10 EVER purchasing experiences of anything. Can't say enough about how great the service has been thus far.

Well, I've tried on the gloves but haven't ridden with them yet. Thus far, they seem to live up to the hype. VERY well made, softer than any glove I've ever owned and excellent "feel" properties. I'll update later after I've spent some quality time on the bike with them.

I'm about a third of the way through the book and it's not a bad read. So far he's covered the basics and "advanced basics" in preparation of getting into the meat of the matter. The most intense subject thus far has been that of suspension (purpose, components, terminology, physics, application). VERY informative and very well-explained without actually making me run equations of higher-mathematics. I look forward to reading a bit more each day. It's like I'm in school only I love the subject and the teacher is cool.

Comment

Gloves Update

Well, so far they've lived up to the hype. Using the gloves in 50 degree temps resulted in no "finger freeze" whatsoever! The gloves are soft, don't interfere with control movements/use and the wind and cold protection seems impossibly effective. I think I could ride with these gloves down to 30 degrees EASILY. Wow!

Comment

Working...
              X