Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

helmetaudio.com hs24 helmet speakers

I just got these, http://helmetaudio.com/khxc/index.ph...x98o76v8122c36

and they are exactly as advertised. Great sound! high highs, great base and easy mounting. They should be used with a small amplifier. I already had the cheap model Boosteroo amp ( under 25 dollars) so I hooked them up to that. You can buy a combo pair of their amplifier (which is a better and more powerful amp than the bosteroo I use) and the Hs 24 Iasus xsound speakers for 99 dollars. Their Amp is is rechargeable.

Before the Iasus xsound 2 speakers, I was using the in the ear foam earphones, which did not sound as good and took forever to install and then get the helmet over them. Even then they would work themselves out and the sound would change. The hs24 iasus xsound 2 speakers stay put and rock! they are not large and fit in the ear holes of the helmet. they attach with velcro. Most helmets come with removable ear pads,you may have to remove yours but I left mine in and mounted the speakers on them. The closer you get them to your ears the more base and volume they carry. the speakers were 47.95 and shipping only $2.49! Money well spent.
    Last edited by skip; 03-11-2008, 10:28 AM.

Thanks for the write-up Skip. I think I'll pick up 2 sets of these. One for each helmet.

I don't see where they sell an amplifier though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
      Thanks for the write-up Skip. I think I'll pick up 2 sets of these. One for each helmet.

I don't see where they sell an amplifier though.
      i am looking for the link , it may have been on another site, ill post it in a few

Comment

my apoligies I got confused between the two websites I was looking at. the place that had the combo speakers and amp for 99 dollars is here http://www.soundrite.biz/ I went with helmet audio. com because their price on just the speakers was 12 dollars cheaper and the shipping only 2.49 . I alread y had the AMP. There is a guy on another site I frequent that has both the Amp listed above at Soundrite and the boosteroo I am using. He said the soundright amp is crisper and louder.

Comment

Thanks for the write-up, Skip-- have you experimented with bluetooth speakers at all? I'm trying to pick out one to pair with my Garmin Zumo.

Comment

I have found it a real pain to use a phone and mp3 player with unusable buttons and annoying wires connected to the helmet. It is difficult to simply stop and start the music so you can hear someone who has stopped along side you at the lights when they talk to you. by the time you shag around turning the sound down, the light has changed and it's time to move but you then have to shag around turning the sound up again before you pull away (or go without your music till you can sort it out). I just got a set of these with a bluetooth module. Works with my bluetooth phone (which has an mp3 player) and can pair with a pillion intercom and another mp3 or a GPS (via bluetooth up to a max of 3 items). Very loud, stereo sound (but not the greatest sound frequency range) I have rationalised that if it ain't loud enough to hear, it is worse than useless. Great to be able to listen to (and hear) music and answer my phone when it rings.

U$ 101.35 plus shipping, works with 2nd generation Bluetooth and has built in amplifier

If you buy two, they can be paired as an intercom. (up to about 30 feet apart) Another model is available which has line of sight range over 3000 feet

a true Bluetooth rider to pillion system that is small enough to attach to the left hand side of a motorcycle helmet , Each unit can pair with a cellphone or Bluetooth AV dongle and an mp3 player for stereo music while riding , it only has a talk time of 3 Hrs due to the small internal battery 200 mA ( a problem with bluetooth units ) however we have worked a way to extend its talk time to over 20 Hrs by using an external USB derived power source that can be carried in the pocket . The same charger can be used to charge the Bluetooth AV dongle as well. It is a class 2 device with a typical maximum range of 10 m, plenty of range for a rider to pillion system . The unit has more than enough volume for the noisiest helmet or half deaf rider too! The unit comes with a stereo headset and boom mic thus can be used in a full faced helmet and an open face helmet as well.

Last edited by Guest; 06-11-2009, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1100GK
              Do you have a link for this? I am new to helmet intercoms and if I could use my bluetooth phone/mp3 player as well, that's a bonus.

Thanks!

- JC

This is the only one I have.

The site is horrible to navigate... it is a mass of information just dumped in there with a swag of links.

Great value though and if you email Mike directly he is very patient and will get you sorted out.

Good luck.

Oh yeah.... he has another version which is better... longer battery life and much greater range which can be used for bike to bike intercom (up to 1 km range), rather than just rider to pillion intercom)

her's some pics of my helmet with unit fitted

Last edited by Guest; 06-28-2009, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X