GEARS Heated vest SWEEEETT !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GEARS Heated vest SWEEEETT !!!

I had a chance to do about 30 mi today with my new GEARS heated vest.

Our powersport heated clothing connects to your vehicle's battery and includes heated jacket liners, heated vests, heated gloves, heated socks, and heated insoles.

First off, let me say WTF did I procrastonate buying this for so long? I don't know. This heated vest adds a whole new level of riding pleasure. I am a puss in the cold, and my fingers easily get cold, then my fun ride is over.

The Gears vest REALLY cranks the heat (38 watts), and is almost a little "too" warm. There is only a "on/off" switch, and I kinda' wish it had a "off-low-high" switch, but nonetheless it works excellent. The greatest thing is that the vest keeps your "core" body toasty warm, which I could then feel the rest of my body staying warmer as well.
    GEARS recommends you wear the vest over a T shirt, but I am thinking next time wear something a bit thicker under the vest to absorb some extra heat. I ordered the matching heated gloves, but they won't be in for another week. Installation was very simple, and the supplied electrical cords and switches are top quality. The quick connectors are the SAE male/female type.
    I will now have NO problem heading out for a ride in the upper 30's and above for temps. As long as there is no black ice, i'm riding...

I'll post a follow up when I get the gloves, stay tuned....

Just in time for summer, congrats!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      Just in time for summer, congrats!
      New england doesn't see summer for a LONG time. There is still mud season to get through.

I actually ordered a set of the TourMaster Synergy stuff last night on a recomendation from a guy on the FZ1 board. I got the vest and gloves. Little more money than the Gears stuff, but I have been loyal to TourMaster for years with very good luck. We'll have to get together and compare the finer details.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
        New england doesn't see summer for a LONG time. There is still mud season to get through.

I actually ordered a set of the TourMaster Synergy stuff last night on a recomendation from a guy on the FZ1 board. I got the vest and gloves. Little more money than the Gears stuff, but I have been loyal to TourMaster for years with very good luck. We'll have to get together and compare the finer details.
        Can you feel the inner elements? That the one odd thing about my vest, my vest only has a real thin inner soft liner, and with my snug fitting leather bad-a$$ Harley jacket I can somewhat feel all the coils within the vest. Again I think a slightly thicker shirt will make this go away. (This by no means is any big deal), I was just wondering compared to your TourMaster vest...

Comment

I just ordered it last night. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow, if not I'll let you know next week. The Synergy elements are carbon fiber I guess, don't know if that makes a difference.
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I went out yesterday and did a short 20 mile loop. I now have the gloves as well, and again, WOW what an added level of comfort. The gloves feel a tad bulky right now becuase they are new, and need some break-in time, but I am confident they will fit perfect after some usage.

Getting all suited up is a little tricky, and takes some fiddling, and practice. The main problem is tucking the glove wireing cleanly up inside my leather jacket, and having the glove cuff sufficiently over the jacket cuff. Seems that leaving my jacket cuff unzipped allows some needed room for the glove wires.

Lastly now that I run the vest, AND the gloves, they overall heat output is less, so now the heat output comfort is perfect... (I commented in the first post when running the vest alone, the heat was almost a bit too warm..).

_Clam

Comment

Working...
            X