So I call FLATOUT today ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
    How would one go about ordering a batch of OEM parts? Email you a list of part numbers? Call? Are you ready for this?
    thats what i do, take part # off some other website and email to z1. no prob :-D
    GS850GT

Comment

If you know the part numbers you need, emailing us or calling us works fine - either Rob or myself can handle this. If you don't know the part number, and we need to lookup the parts, then sometimes email is better as it gives us time to research the part numbers, the availability and price (especially as some of the Suzuki parts info is very suspect) - we can also investigate aftermarket options if OEM parts are not available. The other thing we've been able to do for some items is find other OEM parts that are the same - for example some of the Mikuni VM carbs fitted to Kawasaki models have use the very same parts - so if the part is not available through Suzuki, Kawasaki may have them. We've been able to do similar things with petcocks between some Honda models and Kawasaki models.

For those of you that don't know, Rob Darby our main help on sales & parts etc. He used to work for a couple of OEM dealerships, including Long Island Kawasaki, plus he spent a number of years working at Orient Express.

We haven't been pushing advertizing too much as our growth has been phenominal - as we add more parts to inventory, we'll mention the OEM parts more..

We are always interested in knowing what parts are a problem to find - that doesn't mean we can easily (quickly) source those parts, but we've been able to work with some manufacturers to produce key parts - like a shift fork for the Kawasaki Z1, some custom 530 conversion sprockets, some needle jets and more.

Comment

I'm having problems with Flatout now. I ordered what I needed to complete my carb rebuild/ valve clearances (o-rings, gaskets, half-moons, etc), because they're the only place that has all of it. I got a confirmation email a week and a half ago, and nada since. I emailed twice to ask for a tracking number and no reply. The website shows my order as "reviewed on 5/21" and only shows the half-moons on my order now, and with $10 shipping instead of $6.

Suppose I'll call after the holiday and see what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Z View Post
          I'm having problems with Flatout now. I ordered what I needed to complete my carb rebuild/ valve clearances (o-rings, gaskets, half-moons, etc), because they're the only place that has all of it. I got a confirmation email a week and a half ago, and nada since. I emailed twice to ask for a tracking number and no reply. The website shows my order as "reviewed on 5/21" and only shows the half-moons on my order now, and with $10 shipping instead of $6.

Suppose I'll call after the holiday and see what's up.
          That's what I went through too. It sounds like they usually get the stuff to you but not in any hurry. It took over three weeks for my parts to arrive. Like someone else here, I got an email confirming shipping AFTER I received the order. Communication definitely isn't their strong point!

Thanks,
          Joe
          IBA# 24077
          '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
          '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

I placed an order with flat out on the 9th, e-mail confirmation on the 10th... still isn't here yet. hopefully it will be here THIS week.

Comment

Got it today, everything together. Ordered 15th, received 30th. Not terrible shipping price or time I suppose, but communication was terrible, in fact i got the delivery tracking today in my inbox too.

Comment

sorry about that guys, we had some tech problems on our end. which hopefully that we have these things ironed out. if you guys have any problems please give me a call at 765-342-6335. we are working on the communication problems. thank you for the feedback good or bad helps me know what to do, so we can do a better job.

thanks
                chris adkins
                Internet Sales Rep
                Flatoutmotorcycles

Originally posted by Erich Z View Post
                Got it today, everything together. Ordered 15th, received 30th. Not terrible shipping price or time I suppose, but communication was terrible, in fact i got the delivery tracking today in my inbox too.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.saunders View Post
                  If you know the part numbers you need, emailing us or calling us works fine - either Rob or myself can handle this.
                  I would much rather deal with you guys than anyone else.(you're one of US) From now on, you will get the first call.

Comment

Working...
                  X