Icon Alliance SS Helmet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icon Alliance SS Helmet.

I picked up an Icon Alliance SS helmet yesterday. On Sale at Royal Distributing for $139 (tax included).

I think it is a good deal. Good fit and finish. Snell and Dot approved. Good ventilation.

Took it for my Sunday ride today and was very pleased. No wind noise. Very quiet . Light and comfortable. Out for a couple of hours and no issues. Very happy with the helmet.

For your information.

Cheers,
    Spyug

I just ordered an Alliant SSR Rubitone from kneedraggers.com for $130.00. Do you still like the helmet after using it a few days?

This will be my first street helmet (I have offroad helmets for my dirt bike).

Comment

I think it takes more than a few days to "bed in" as they say. It is still a snug fit but not at all uncomfortable as there are no pressure points or wind noise to deal with.

One thing I failed to note is that they seem to fit smaller than other lids like my HJC. I have a 23.5" round noggin and usually wear a large. The Alliance is an XL. Dimensionally it is the exact same size as the HJC (i.e the outside). It might have more padding inside perhaps.

I checked a lot of the premium brand helmets like Shark, Shoei, Arai, Nolan etc and couldn't find one that fit as well.

I'll bet you'll like it. Good quality for the money and they are DOT and Snell certified which is a bonus in my mind.

Let us know how it works for you.

Cheers,
      Spyug.

Comment

Working...
      X