MDI progressive shock review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MDI progressive shock review

Alright, I finally took the bike to work and put 35 miles on the new shocks.
    I promised to give you a review (not that I am an expert!).
    The ride is nice and smooth and they absorbed the bumps fine. Nice and steady and predictable through the turns. I have them on the lowest preload setting as I am only 170lbs and usually riding solo without much baggage.
    Everything I needed for mounting, such as different size rubber bushings and washers were included. They shipped exactly 5 days as promised. So thumbs UP on these $75 a pair($6 shipping in the US) MDI progressive shocks for now.
    But now I'm going to revisit my front fork. Last year I put 20w fork oil(that's all they had) and I'm thinking it's too stiff and twitchy when hitting the bumps. So I'll track down some 10w fork oil and replace this week if I find it and have time.

I put MDI's on the 83 1100E before I sold it. Great shocks for the money. Definitely on the stiff side, but really enhanced the ride of the bike.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Where did you get them from?

Comment

CycleRecycle2 sells them. www.usedmotorcycleparts.com

Comment

Working...
        X