Teknic Leather Suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teknic Leather Suit

Anyone familiar with the Teknic Chicane Two Piece Race Suit?

Price looks good, and they have my size.

Originally posted by emjay View Post
    Anyone familiar with the Teknic Chicane Two Piece Race Suit?

Price looks good, and they have my size.
    I should have worn mine the other day so you could see it, but I would have been too hot!

I have a Chicaine two peice suit. It's a great suit for the money, but it is Pakistani leather and it's quality is definitely less than most of the others I have seen. If I wasn't so hard to fit I would have bought something from MotoGP or Alpinestars. But for under $500 for a full suit, it's a great deal.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Yeah, I bet you would've been too hot, especially on the way home!

So, is yours made by Teknic?

Comment

Originally posted by emjay View Post

So, is yours made by Teknic?
        It's that same suit, exact. The Teknic Chicaine 2 pc suit:

Here I am sporting it in all my Power Ranger glory:

I bought the pants and jacket seperately, but it's the same suit you are looking at. It's good stuff, but if I were buying a suit to wear every time I rode I would get something better made. I got it because I was going to do a track day last year. Didn't happen, but this year it will.
        Currently bikeless
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Cool, I might just get it then, as it won't be my daily gear either.

Then again, I may not have the cash as I'm also looking at this GSX 1100 G on Craigslist.

By the way, how was dinner? I hope you both appreciated my gift. ;-)

Comment

Just remember that a Teknic suit fits one size smaller than you usually wear. Normally I fit into a size 42 but a 44 Teknic fit me perfectly.

Is this for street riding, track days, road racing, drag racing? Probably want to get a good back and chest protector while you're at it.

I got the Teknic Xcelerator BTW for trackdays and (maybe) racing, nice suit and armor for the money.

At the track:

Comment

That sizing info may be good for emjay becasue he is proabably simailar sized, but for me I found that the bigger sizes are actually too big. I take a 44 jean size and bought size 44 pants. I should have got a 42, maybe even a 40. The jacket seems sized true, but remember, these types of suits should fit TIGHT. Real tight. I am glad I had the assistance of Paul at MotoMart who is a track day insturctor. The jacket came in and I told him no way, it was too tight. He showed me that even his beanpole stature has to suck in his gut and it fits tight. He convinced me to take the risk and buy it. After a few rides the jacket does fit perfect, but tight.
              Currently bikeless

Comment

Yeah, get the 1100G... you deserve it!
                Currently bikeless

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                  Yeah, get the 1100G... you deserve it!
                  I really want it. The price isn't bad and it's not too far away. It'd be a great sport cruiser for me, and finally get me in to the big Bore club. :-)

However, I just discovered I need a brake job on my car. Until I know how much that'll be I can't move on the bike. Hopefully I'll find out tonight and it'll be just the pads.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                    That sizing info may be good for emjay becasue he is proabably simailar sized, but for me I found that the bigger sizes are actually too big. I take a 44 jean size and bought size 44 pants. I should have got a 42, maybe even a 40. The jacket seems sized true, but remember, these types of suits should fit TIGHT. Real tight. I am glad I had the assistance of Paul at MotoMart who is a track day insturctor. The jacket came in and I told him no way, it was too tight. He showed me that even his beanpole stature has to suck in his gut and it fits tight. He convinced me to take the risk and buy it. After a few rides the jacket does fit perfect, but tight.
                    Yep, nice thing about leather is that it'll stretch to fit over things like a back/chest protector and your, um, spare tire.

A lycra undersuit is really nice for helping you get in and out of your suit easily, and for wicking perspiration away from you skin. It also allows the suit to not stick to your body when you're moving around on the bike, like hanging off going in hot into a corner. I have a Psycleskins undersuit and it rocks.

Comment

Whoa, good tip man. I'm getting one of those!
                      Currently bikeless

Comment

Working...
                      X