Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme Supply small review

Web store: www.extremesupply.com

I recently bought myself a helmet from them, a little older - Snell M2000 rated - but NOS. And very inexpensive. But this is a quick review of the seller, not the product

Shipping was fair - $13 on a helmet for basic FedEx Ground - but quick. They are in the LA area, so I ordered it on a Sunday and got it on that Tuesday. YMMV in other parts of the country

The helmet's box was nicely packed into a larger box. With my XL head, its a pretty big box . There wasn't a packing slip though, but I've noticed thats gotten alot more common in the last few years. Companies seem to think an email is good enough...

Speaking of emails, I never contacted customer service as I had no need, but I recieved an automated order confirmation email and a shipping notification email - which is 50% more than I usually get. The shipping email also included the FedEx tracking #. I personally hate having to log into "my Account" on a web site just to see if my orders shipped yet or to get the tracking number.

I'd recommend them to anyone who wants some protective gear that might not be brand new from the manufacturer (seems an awful lot like what newenough.com stocks)

I happened to come across the Extreme Supply site a couple days ago, while scoping out a new HJC helmet. New Enough prices seem to be a few $$ cheaper in most cases, but I did not factor in the shipping charges and policies, which may well be different between the two.
    May I ask for a small review on the new helmet with brand/price/user impression?
    Thanks,
    Tony.
    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

I picked up a M2R full face on closeout. VERY cheap. They do have free shipping on $100+ orders, but I was no where near that

The helmet: I'm not totally ready to write a review of it, haven't ridden with it yet - there's some carb problems in my way first... But everything about the helmet seems pretty good - its not too heavy, there are minimal plastic doodads tacked on (which might hurt its cooling though), the visor is a little thin and the ratcheting mechanism feels a little fragile, but on par with other helmets in the ~$100-125 range. Came with a very thin cloth bag, not fleece. I can write a better review of it in a few weeks.

Comment

Scorpion EXO 400

Hi,
        I had a great experience with them too. I bought a helmet and gloves from them last year. You can absolutely steal an EXO 400 from them on any given day. Just watch the closeout section. Mine was new and fresh--expiration date was still a few years out.

I took advantage of their free shipping by picking up a pair of Shift summer gloves to put my order over $100.

Cheers,
        Lyle

Comment

Working...
        X