Stockers Starters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stockers Starters

I first heard of Stockers on this site and there are some of you that spoke very highly of them, so I thought I would give them a try.
    Before I left on vacation, I ordered a set of brushes for my 650G $9.95,
    seemed like a fair price to me. that was on friday morning 6/27. I return home on monday 7/7 and still after 10 days no brushes. So I call him and he is not in the shop yet (its like 10am his time) he gets my name and number and promises to call me when he gets to work. in the meantime,
    around 3 pm, the UPS truck pulls in the driveway and the driver hands me a package half the size of a shoe box. I open it up and there are my brushes alright along with a shipping charge of $8.73, so I end up paying
    $18.68 for 2 tiny chunks of copper. For those of you that have never had a bike starter apart before, the brushes are smaller than the diameter of a penny. they were vaccum packed onto a piece of cardboard smaller than a baseball card. we're talking 1 or 2 oz. max. But I get charged for 1 lb.
    worth of shipping charges. it must be the minimum UPS charges, I understand that. But my gripe is this: Why in the hell did he even use UPS when he could of easily put them in an envolope and send it it USPS?
    It would have cost .42-.84 cents max. So anyway, 7 hrs. later, a woman calls me from Stockers saying that they had been shipped. I ask her why did it take 10 days to get from CA to NC. She says "well it was the holiday" blahblahblah. I used to work for UPS and although the drivers may get a day off, the DC still has to work including the semi truck drivers.
    So the packages are still moving within the system, they just don't get delivered on the 4th. Another thing I noticed was I ordered on early Friday morning and it wasn't processed till the following monday.
    Now I have no idea how big or small an operation this guy has.If he has a warehouse the size of the pentegon, I can sort of understand the snail pace response times. But I didn't like getting screwed over on the shipping charges. I realize that he offers free shipping on orders of $50 or more.
    But us poor sods that can't afford the big ticket items make up the difference I reckon. Next time I'll just call Z1.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-16-2008, 11:00 AM. Reason: Elwood made it right !!

Hey, he really IS a nice guy!!!

If you have noticed I changed the icon to a thumbs up. Heres why:
    Yesterday I get a call from Elwood Stocker which really took me by suprise
    as it had been over 2 weeks since I got my parts. He was really apologetic
    about charging me so much for shipping. He said the reason he uses UPS so much is he can track his packages. I thought you could do the same thing with USPS but I didn't say anything. Anyway, at the time of his call, I had the starter taken apart and seen right away that my puny little $6 soldering pen from china shack wasn't going to cut the mustard for putting those brushes in right. So I asked Elwood if I could send back the brushes
    in exchange for an end plate kit (the brushes are already spot welded into place) He said "sure no problem, and this time I will send it back USPS"
    So I sent him back the brushes yesterday for $2.11($1.29 for the envolope) and he promised me he would do the same.You can't ask for any better service than that. So like in the movie The Godfather, I recant my previous testimony. Bottom line, he made things right, just took a little while.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-16-2008, 11:45 AM.

Comment

cool beans. i love a happy ending!

Comment

Working...
      X