Waterproof Gear For Cheapskates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waterproof Gear For Cheapskates

I bought these at one of the Moto GP booths after getting my boots soaked through two days in a row. I tried them out for the first time on the way back from the Galena rally. They kept my feet nice and dry in the mild to heavy rain we went through and also provided some insulation value against the cold. They did seem to crawl down some under my riding pants but for dry feet I could have cared less. The bottoms are partially open so your actual boot heel does touch the ground at lights and they were not slick. They are very compact and fit in the same bag as my Frogg Togg rainsuit which also held up very well in the rain. For less than 100 bucks for both the suit and covers it is a great deal IMO.
    Waterproof overboots are a quick and convenient way to keep your feet dry while wearing your everyday riding boots. Waterproof boots are great for people...

82 GS850L - The Original http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ePics067-1.jpg
    81 GS1000L - Brown County Hooligan http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ivePics071.jpg
    83 GS1100L - Super Slab Machine http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=DCP_1887.jpg
    06 KLR650 - "The Clown Bike" http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...nt=SERally.jpg
    AKA "Mr Awesome"

Those are cool

I've been keeping an eye out for some waterproof boot covers. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Thanks for the links! I was pretty jealous of that gear two Sundays ago. I'll be picking some up for myself soon.
      Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
      Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

I bought a set of the overbooties in a size large, figuring they would fit a size 10 boot well. Unfortunately they are way to big. I think it's mostly because I use close fitting, motorcycle specific boots. If you use regular work boots or have a size 12, these would be perfect. I still have them, brand new, so if anyone is interested, let me know. I'd let them go for cheap.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
          I bought a set of the overbooties in a size large, figuring they would fit a size 10 boot well. Unfortunately they are way to big. I think it's mostly because I use close fitting, motorcycle specific boots. If you use regular work boots or have a size 12, these would be perfect. I still have them, brand new, so if anyone is interested, let me know. I'd let them go for cheap.

Size 12?

Geoff, that would be almost perfect for me!!

We have to negotiate on the price because both feet will fit in one and you can still sell the other one and make more money.

Yeah, I know, one boot only......but I am thinking of learning to ride side-saddle after seeing it done elsewhere.
          Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

I use that kind of thing while riding both motorcycles and bicycles (not at the same time tho!) and they work well. Any overshoe also helps keep the feet warm.

Comment

lots of dubbin or mink oil has always worked quite well for me(carry a tin with me), works on gloves too. I don't have fancyassed motorcyclist boots though ...so no vents or anything. just matterhorn gortex laceups.
              To fight the damp that does creep in on those c-c-cold days try breadbags on your feet over your socks and inside your boots.
              GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Originally posted by derwood View Post
                ....To fight the damp that does creep in on those c-c-cold days try breadbags on your feet over your socks and inside your boots.
                Reminds me of a recent 5 day 600 mile round-trip for work down to lower CT and back on the 1100G...decided to head back Thu night due to heavy rains predicted that Fri. Expecting night riding for 6 hours and temp dropping to lower 40's by VT leg, so I prepared by using the hotel laundry bags hanging in the closets.
                Put thin socks on, then plastic laundry bags, then thick socks over to keep bags in place and not sliding down while walking, then the boots....and presto...no cold feet!
                Was going to use plastic sandwich baggies for my hands under my gloves but couldn't figure how to arrange my fingers correctly and still use?

Comment

Working...
                X