Wrong cam chain tensioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong cam chain tensioner

These are being sold on ebay. I bought one for my project 78 GS1000.

Not even close to the same as stock. I'm not sure what it actually fits, but I don't think it will work for any of the bikes mentioned. Here's a pic. The one I bought is on the bottom.

I have contacted the seller, and have not yet heard back. I asked if I could return it and get my money back. He has great feedback, so hopefully he will cooperate. I'll let you all know how it goes.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

The seller has just given me a full refund. Great service! I would now highly recommend this seller for making it right. It sure is nice to deal with straight-up people!
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

but what does that tensioner guide fit?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.saunders View Post
        but what does that tensioner guide fit?
        I don't know. The 8 and 16 valve motors all have a very similar guide. This one is way too long.
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
          I don't know. The 8 and 16 valve motors all have a very similar guide. This one is way too long.
          It certainly suggests a longer stroke motor. And it does look like a Suzuki style part. Assuming the exact same mount point, that's a darned big change to the stroke - it looks like 20mm in the picture...

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.saunders View Post
            It certainly suggests a longer stroke motor. And it does look like a Suzuki style part. Assuming the exact same mount point, that's a darned big change to the stroke - it looks like 20mm in the picture...
            The seller didn't even want it back. He told me to throw it in the trash, and that he would not be selling them anymore. Good ebayer!
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Working...
            X