No announcement yet.

Sears is TERRIBLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the first credit cards I first got in life was from Sears, I bought just about everything from there for the house and shop due to their no problem customer service when something went wrong.

I wouldn't buy a stick of gum from them now, in fact I canceled my card with after 20 years. They are not the same "no problem, we want to keep you as a loyal customer company" they once were, they are just like their sister company K-Mart now. As far as their tools now, they aren't the same quality as they used to be and definitely not up to Snap-on or MAC. Compared to HF tools they might be a bit better but they too get a lot of their products from China. The pricing is for the name now mostly, I could have bought 10 HF click torque wrenches for the cost of 1 craftsman. I checked the HF one for accuracy and it was equal with my brothers Craftsman. Sure they have junk but so does Sears, all companies cut corners on some of their products now, just don't rip me off on the price like you'll stand behind it when you won't like Sears does!
    "Just Ducky, Thanks!"

Where I've ridden.

Comment

I'll back you up on that one -> The craftsman torque wrenches suck.
      And you know that they know they suck, because they are not lifetime
      warrantied. Hard tools though, still have the lifetime, and are still good quailty.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaughn View Post
        They are just starting to put Harbor Freight stores up north, but none as far North as I. Their quality seems on par with the stuff you get at any parts store, but one step below craftsman, and two to three steps below anything you'd get off a tool truck. If I'm ordering out of a catalog, I've preferred NothernTool to HarborFreight, but that's probably just a matter of habit than of any quality difference.

Just my .02 (Fell out of the habit of posting after the forum went down a few mos back, heh)
        Shaughn, they have a store in Albany at 1770 Central Ave Albany, NY 12205. Kind of a haul just to go there unless you had a long list but you might want to check it out if you happen to be down in that direction.

/\/\ac

Comment

Originally posted by Macmatic View Post
          Shaughn, they have a store in Albany at 1770 Central Ave Albany, NY 12205. Kind of a haul just to go there unless you had a long list but you might want to check it out if you happen to be down in that direction.

/\/\ac
          You know, now that I'm over in VT I always forget to search in NY for things.
          I always live in Boston in my mind, I guess. I'm in wholesale tires now, and our nearest sister DC is in Albany, so I've always got an excuse to drive down there. Thanks for the tip, Mac!

Comment

Working...
          X