Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cermakrome vs Chrome

OK Folks,
    I got a pair of mufflers Cermakromed, at Moore Power Coatings. The cost was $55 each, although their price list states $40 each for motorcycle mufflers.
    These mufflers were from a GS750E type and in good shape, but they were black chromed and I preferred chrome. However rechroming may not be available for used mufflers, because the carbon buildup inside fouls the acid bath required. Rechroming is costly too. I chose cermakrome for the lower cost.
    Anyway here is a cemakromed muffler held against an OEM Suzuki chromed muffler for your appraisal.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 02-25-2009, 09:38 PM. Reason: editing
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

not a bad option at all.. i wonder, would having a muffler that is coloured from heat be reconditioned to "like new" finish this way..

Comment

looks fine by my standards, I don't drool over clean chrome, but do appreciate a clean bike. The pipe looks clean

Comment

Old chrome

Originally posted by seuadr View Post
        not a bad option at all.. i wonder, would having a muffler that is coloured from heat be reconditioned to "like new" finish this way..
        Old funky chrome is no problem, they just spray over it. I would like to get the funky down pipes on my 1100G cermakromed, I just need to sand down the rusty areas to make them smooth.
        Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 02-26-2009, 09:00 AM. Reason: Editing
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

And dont for fet the benefits Cerama has over chrome. No more burning yourself on any of the pipes coated. Plus if all their sales info about the added bonus of performance.

Comment

Can you go the other way with it? I have a chrome exhaust system that I want to take to black.
            Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Don, he states old chrome is no problem so I would think it would work on decent chrome. Here's a couple of links for you.

Comment

Other color options too.

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                Can you go the other way with it? I have a chrome exhaust system that I want to take to black.
                These guys offer other colors, and other shops do too.

Shop around for what you want.

Comment

Working...
                X