• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam

http://www.mawonline.com/dyna.htm has the dyna "s" for only $145

Van

Comment

cool. i paid $200 for mine direct from Dyna. no big deal, i'm just glad it works great.

Comment

i just thought i'd post it for anyone elso who is looking...
        van

Comment

The Dyna IIIs are going for 100$USD now. I think they are pulling the line as there is a limited inventory. I guess I'll be buying a 2000 when my 1100s box eats it.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
            the CDI bikes did not have a mechanical advancer piece located under the CDI box. it would advance the timing in the actual CDI box itself. bikes made in 77-79 had mechanical points originally, which needed a mechanical advancer to advance the timing above a certain RPM.

this is needed to use the Dyna S on a 80+ bike.

i dont think you need it for Dyna III or DYna 2000.

~Adam
            FYI Adam, I did the Dyna S upgrade on my '80 GS550, which had electronic pickups (no points), but I DID have mechanical advance on my bike. Don't know if that's a fluke or what, but if not it would seem that you'd only need a mechanical advance unit on an 81+ bike...

Regards,
            Steve 8)

Comment

Originally posted by iamvandemon
              Adam

http://www.mawonline.com/dyna.htm has the dyna "s" for only $145

Van
              Stay away from this company (regardless of price) -- they are BAD news. If you have any problems at all they will screw you as they don't give a sh_t about their customers. See the "Avoid MAW" post for more...

Regards,
              Steve 8)

Comment

The '81 and '82 bikes (at least the 850 and 1000 shafties) have mechanical advance and no points. I know that these two years use parts that are different than others.

Comment

Try www.z1enterprizes.com. They specialize in Kawa Z1s but also have quite a bit of stuff for a variety of GS models, including both versions of the Dyna S (KD and ND ignitions) for $145. I bought a '78 GS750 from them a last month at a great price and am very happy with the bike. Jeff, the owner of Z1 Enterprizes, did a complete service for me and was more than happy to spend time helping me get the know the bike.

While I was at his shop, I met a Z1 owner who had driven over 200 miles from Canada to Rochester, NY to have Jeff work on his bike. With the way Jeff treated me, I can see why.

Comment

Sorry. www.z1enterprises.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X