Looking for Heated Vest Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Heated Vest Reviews

I have gotten too fat to wear the Eclipse vest I bought in the 70's. The Tour Master I bought recently does not work at all, never has, and apparently Tour Master is fine with that, because they have refused to make it right.

I'm looking for a replacement. Anybody have one they like? I prefer an on - off switch to a controller. Dealt with that for 15 years and see no reason to change (I think the over complicated controller is the heart of my Tour Master problem).
    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Funny, I have the Tour Master and it's been flawless. Love it.

I will agree that Tour Master is crap for customer loyalty. I called looking for a replacement panel for my Flex jacket and was told I was out of luck.

If I had to do it again I would probably go Areostitch. My buddy has their Kanatsu heated jacket liner and he loves it.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I have the Aerostich Kanetsu vest and it works well. My wife had a Kanetsu but still wanted something warmer. We got her the Gerbing's jacket liner and gloves. The Gerbings is noticeably warmer than the Aerostich and is also easier to fit under other garments since it is just a thin liner rather than a fleece material like the Aerostich. It also has sleeves which help considerably. I don't have any experience with Widder but I've heard they are the warmest of all.

Another great item is heated grips. The Symtec grips are around $30 and extend your riding comfort zone by at least 10-20 degrees.

Thanks,
      Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
        Another great item is heated grips. The Symtec grips are around $30 and extend your riding comfort zone by at least 10-20 degrees.

Thanks,
        Joe
        I bought the Symtec grip heaters over the winter, but they were aound $45, and they helped with my cold weather(under 32F) riding. But I sold the 1100G in late March and they went with it, so I really didn't get any long term pleasure out of them.

Comment

Le Mango & Firsttimer gave me a recommendation somewhere... I'll have a look see if I can dig it out for you if they don't get here first.

Dan
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
            I bought the Symtec grip heaters over the winter, but they were aound $45, and they helped with my cold weather(under 32F) riding. But I sold the 1100G in late March and they went with it, so I really didn't get any long term pleasure out of them.
            I have gotten several sets from California Sport Touring, $33.98, well worth the money if you do much cold weather riding. I use the grips a lot more than my heated vest.

Thanks,
            Joe
            IBA# 24077
            '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
            '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
            '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
              I have gotten several sets from California Sport Touring, $33.98, well worth the money if you do much cold weather riding. I use the grips a lot more than my heated vest.

Thanks,
              Joe
              I agree they were worth it, and you probably have just as much cold weather riding time in the "windy" city, as I do up in NH. I know...I lived there for a year back during the "infamous" winter in the '70s when people couldn't even figure out which car was theirs under the snow. With street parking, it was frustrating when you dig out a car for 10 minutes and realize it wasn't yours. You used to see chairs and other furniture as markers for people's self proclaimed parking spots...even a few fistfights over them!
              But I checked that website you posted a few months ago and either the link was broken or they had none in stock because when I clicked on the item to order it wouldn't proceed. So I wound up ordering from the dealer for $45, since it was only a few dollars more if you factor in shipping ($34 + $7) online.
              I probably should have taken the time to try to remove/peel them off before I sold my 1100G but didn't want hassle with it at the time, so the new owner got a "bonus".

Comment

I have had a widder vest and gloves for three years now.they are very warm. I did have some trouble with both but widder was awesome and have always either repaired or replaced at no charge even after my warranty had been expired for over a year. .

Comment

I use an Aerostich Kanetsu wind blocker liner. Works great with or without the Darien riding jacket. Works pretty good unpluged as just a jacket too. I use it more than any other piece of riding gear I own. Well worth what I paid and when it comes time to replace it I doubt I'll do much more than just order a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                    I have gotten too fat to wear the Eclipse vest I bought in the 70's. The Tour Master I bought recently does not work at all, never has, and apparently Tour Master is fine with that, because they have refused to make it right.

I'm looking for a replacement. Anybody have one they like? I prefer an on - off switch to a controller. Dealt with that for 15 years and see no reason to change (I think the over complicated controller is the heart of my Tour Master problem).

Here's my review:

Would you like to share the experiences you have had with a new accessory, part or vendor? Post your review here.

Comment

Working...
                    X