123gohelmets.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

123gohelmets.com

A while ago I purchased a Fighter Pilot style open face with flip down visor from this company. It was inexpensive, light and well made. Plus it was DOT. I found myself doing more and more Highway traveling and the open face was just too much. Too noisy and the wind burn on my lower face was rough. So I decided that Id try one of their Full Face DOT helmets. This is NOT one of those times when you get what you've paid for. The helmet runs 39.99 but is a very nice helmet. Its light weight and well ventilated. The flip up visor is a ratchet style with 5 positions that stay even at 60mph. Ive never worn a full face but compared to my open face ( I know wind test between these 2 isn't a fair one) is MUCH quieter. I normally wear ear plugs due to the pop in the ears from wind rushing into the helmet. Not so with this one. The liner snaps out for cleaning and the visor has a quick release feature for easy changes. The visors are in 4 flavors. Clear, Light Smoke, Chrome and Iridium. The last isn't listed on their site but if you call.... Customer service was pretty good. I called asking about a Smoke visor for my open face and while on, I made the purchase of the full face, plus the owner swapped the clear stock visor for the smoke. (cant say he will do this for you, just saying...) Its snug but not tight. They do run a little small, I wear a XL but had to order a 2XL.

They have a Fleabay store as well under the same name. They also carry a line of SNELL approved lids too in Matte and Gloss Black as well as Wine.

Originally posted by GS1100GK
    Just ordered on for my daughter. Almost ordered the $39 one in pink (she's 8), but she wanted red. So ordered a wine colored one almost identical, but with COOLMAX for $69.

This is still cheap and coolmax is great stuff, same for socks and stuff.

Will let you know about it when it arrives in a few days. Thanks for the recommendation.

- JC
    No sweat. Ive been putting a ton of miles on with this full face so far and I love it.

Comment

Does anyone have any information regarding the "head shape", if you will, of the 123gohelmets? My dome is a bit longer front-back than your average person, but I don't have a fortune to spend one one of the really schnazzy helmets that I would suspect fits like a glove, err...helmet.

I'd like to replace my current HJC, because it does rub me a bit on the forehead a little, enough to bother me after more than an hour or so in the saddle.

If you have some insight, please send it this way. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wkmpt View Post
        Does anyone have any information regarding the "head shape", if you will, of the 123gohelmets? My dome is a bit longer front-back than your average person, but I don't have a fortune to spend one one of the really schnazzy helmets that I would suspect fits like a glove, err...helmet.

I'd like to replace my current HJC, because it does rub me a bit on the forehead a little, enough to bother me after more than an hour or so in the saddle.

If you have some insight, please send it this way. Thanks.
        Im a little longer faced as it were. I have there fullface and it covers my just fine. I wouldnt go out and say Im horse faced but as long as no one calls you Mr Ed, you should be ok. And if you call and talk to the owner, he may be able to work out a return/exchange deal if it doesnt fit. I cant say he will, but Im not to make a sell he may be willing to do something to ensure a good fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammered View Post
          Im a little longer faced as it were. I have there fullface and it covers my just fine. I wouldnt go out and say Im horse faced but as long as no one calls you Mr Ed, you should be ok. And if you call and talk to the owner, he may be able to work out a return/exchange deal if it doesnt fit. I cant say he will, but Im not to make a sell he may be willing to do something to ensure a good fit.
          Thanks, but I meant that my head is a bit longer from my forehead to the back of my head, if you were looking down on it from the top.

I'll contact the owner like you said and see what we can work out. Thanks for the advice!

~Matt

Comment

Originally posted by wkmpt View Post
            Thanks, but I meant that my head is a bit longer from my forehead to the back of my head, if you were looking down on it from the top.

I'll contact the owner like you said and see what we can work out. Thanks for the advice!

~Matt

I have the same problem. I purchased a Sparx helmet from Iron pony and it fits well. It fits better than the Arai and Shoei I tried on the same day.

Comment

I just today received my 123gohelmet. Although I measured and used the chart (even added an inch to be safe), the helmet is too small.

Fortunately, the seller offers an exchange for sizing. They also offer a refund, but not looking to do that.

I am going to officially recommend folks order one size larger than the chart says.

The padding in the top center above the head is very minimal. I will likely add some of the padding discussed in earlier posts, above the coolmax.

- JC
              The couple times I spoke with him, he seems a nice fellow. Not looking to get rich on the one sale kinda thing. Hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

Comment

Wow, they have Snell 2005 helmets for $49 if anyone needs to get one for a day at the dragstrip (NHRA rules). I thought I got out cheap with my AFX for $89.
                Currently bikeless
                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                  Wow, they have Snell 2005 helmets for $49 if anyone needs to get one for a day at the dragstrip (NHRA rules). I thought I got out cheap with my AFX for $89.
                  Do NHRA rules accept the DOT FMVSS-218 helmet rating?
                  NE Dragway couldn't answer my question when I called them.
                  Only find the modular full face with this rating, not Snell M2005. Unfortunately, over the last few years with glasses I have to use a modular...just can't get my glass frames to slide in on a proper fitting full face and I'm not going to cut up the $250 frames and tape them to make it fit.
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-30-2009, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                    No, only Snell 2003 or better is accepted if the track complies to NHRA rules, which most do, certainly NED. I run modulars myself, that is why I had to buy a cheap Snell helmet.
                    Currently bikeless
                    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                      NE Dragway couldn't answer my question when I called them.
                      Only find the modular full face with this rating, not Snell M2005. Unfortunately, over the last few years with glasses I have to use a modular...just can't get my glass frames to slide in on a proper fitting full face and I'm not going to cut up the $250 frames and tape them to make it fit.
                      I wear a pair of HOG photochromatic sunglasses with thick arms. They fit easy with the full face I have from 123. Ya just have to put the helmet on first and slip on you glasses after. I forget sometimes and try to pull my helmet off first without taking my glasses off and damn near rip my eyebrows off. And you think Im ugly now.

Comment

Cool max??

Does the coolmax lining help helmet itch??

Comment

Originally posted by Hammered View Post
                          I wear a pair of HOG photochromatic sunglasses with thick arms. They fit easy with the full face I have from 123. Ya just have to put the helmet on first and slip on you glasses after. I forget sometimes and try to pull my helmet off first without taking my glasses off and damn near rip my eyebrows off. And you think Im ugly now.
                          I've tried both ways (before or after helmet on), but my wire framed glasses don't insert without bending or sliding into the wrong ear postions. I tried thicker plastic frame glasses for a test before spending $ but they put pressure on my temples inside the helmet....so I gave up trying to use anything but a modular.

Comment

As far as "helmet itch" I am assuming you mean when you wear your helmet for long periods and have to rub your helmet around, then when you take it off, you just scratch your head all over with your finger nails.
                            - JC
                            Yes! That is it! Only mine gets pretty intense somtimes... It does help if I smoosh the helmet back down... It is a shorty and the wind tries to pick it off of my head sometimes. (I have used a cotton do rag, but that leaves ridges in my forehead! lol)

I think I may try one! Thanks

Comment

I'm confused. They list 3 visor color options that are addt'l cost. Clear, Smoke, Color Chrome. Standard is free, I would think "standard" would be clear, but apparently it's not. What is the standard visor color?

Comment

Working...
                              X