Lower cost riding gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower cost riding gloves

In the process of getting outfitted to get back into riding, I found that many simple items are premium priced because the word motorcycle is in the description. One of these items was gloves. I looked around and found that they ranged in price from 'too much' to 'you've got to be kidding!!'.

I use a pair of Valeo anti-vibration gloves at work so I thought I'd look on line for their products and found that by checking on the web pages of safety equipment suppliers, I could find a variety of very workable gloves for a whole lot less than motorcycle specific glove.

For example the Valeo full-fingered anti-vibration gloves are leather with gel pads on the inside and mesh on the outside (nice for warm weather) are about $15.00 and a pair of rescue / extrication gloves in leather with knuckle padding and extra shielding at all contact points are just under $40.00.

I am happily using a pair of the anti-vibe gloves with the mesh backs now and am ordering a pair of the rescue gloves.

I bought a similar in function pair of gloves from New Enough for $15 + shipping.... Hard knuckles too. You just have to look out for the deals. $40 is reasonable for a pair online even at full price... I bought a pair of winter gloves at a store for $50 recently, full price.

The grips on those gloves (if they are the pair I think they are) will tear your grips up pretty quick.

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
      I bought a similar in function pair of gloves from New Enough for $15 + shipping.... Hard knuckles too. You just have to look out for the deals. $40 is reasonable for a pair online even at full price... I bought a pair of winter gloves at a store for $50 recently, full price.

The grips on those gloves (if they are the pair I think they are) will tear your grips up pretty quick.

Dan
      Thanks for the tip, Dan. I'll do a little more looking...
      I'm more than willing to pay for value, I just don't much need the zircon encrusted, double reverse chrome lining with skulls, crossbones and brass knuckles if you know what I mean....

Comment

Originally posted by DMorris View Post
        I'm more than willing to pay for value, I just don't much need the zircon encrusted, double reverse chrome lining with skulls, crossbones and brass knuckles if you know what I mean....
        Zircon encrusted? As in tweezers? -FZ
        IBA# 24077
        '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
        '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
        '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

You got it son... love to hear the Dinah Moe Humm!

Comment

Plenty on here for around the $40 mark similar style.

Friend of mine just bought these Jordan ones... they seem pretty good. Jordan tag is hidden by your jacket.

The ones I bought appear to have been pulled recently but they had them there on offer for months.

Buyers market for gear at the moment.

I didn't mean to sound aggressive about your idea for the work gloves, sorry if it came over that way!

I save the bright pink jewel encrusted jobs for weekend use only

Dan
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
            X