Tourmaster soft saddle bags anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tourmaster soft saddle bags anyone?

Wondering if anyone has used Tourmaster soft saddle bags? They have a couple decent looking peices and what seems to be good pricing.

I’ve got the whole set of Tourmaster Cortech luggage – saddlebags, tailbag and tri-bag tankbag. I really can’t tell you anything bad about them. I’ve taken them on a 3,000 mile trip and lots of weekend camping trips. I got a little wear on the edges of the saddlebags when I had them riding a little far forward and they rubbed against the shock (for 3,000 miles)….just needed to mount them back a couple inches. They are excellent stuff.

Jethro has them too and appears to agree.
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

I have a set of TourMaster toss overs. These are mid-sized bags. Funny, I cant find many pics with the bags on the bike.

On this bike & my GS1100L I take the seat off and lay them across the fender. On my GS1000 they just lay across the seat. Perfect for long trips. And easy to take off when you get there.

I've had 'em for a couple of years now. Definately got my money's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
        I have a set of TourMaster toss overs. These are mid-sized bags. Funny, I cant find many pics with the bags on the bike.

On this bike & my GS1100L I take the seat off and lay them across the fender. On my GS1000 they just lay across the seat. Perfect for long trips. And easy to take off when you get there.

I've had 'em for a couple of years now. Definately got my money's worth.
        When you strap them underneath the seat, do they tend to hang too low or to the inside much? I'm wondering if I'll need to make a support to keep them straight hanging.

Comment

The part that overlays is laced. In that way you can adjust the height to fit your bike. Each of my bikes require a different height to clear the exhaust pipes. So I'm always re-lacing them. It's no big thing.

If you want, I can take some better pics tonight when I get home.

Comment

I have the side bags on the 550L and they work fine. Only problem is they usually
            hit my leg when I get off. Ideally you'd want to relocate the turnsignals and mount
            the bags further aft using some kind of mount rails. I usually ride with them off
            unless I need the extra storage.

Comment

Yep, I do have the Tribags by Tourmaster. They have been fantastic bags. I actually might be selling mine soon though, they do not fit well on the FZ1. I just hate selling nice stuff, even if I don't use it! They used to fit great on the GS though...

Funny that Dimitri talked about the turn signals... When I first got the bags I installed quick disconnects for the OEM signals and when I wanted to go on a long tour I used signals that were made out of a couple of $1 truck cab marker lights...

Currently bikeless
              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                Yep, I do have the Tribags by Tourmaster. They have been fantastic bags. I actually might be selling mine soon though, they do not fit well on the FZ1. I just hate selling nice stuff, even if I don't use it! They used to fit great on the GS though...

Funny that Dimitri talked about the turn signals... When I first got the bags I installed quick disconnects for the OEM signals and when I wanted to go on a long tour I used signals that were made out of a couple of $1 truck cab marker lights...

Hey Jethro, if you sell them I might be interested if I can afford them. I've been looking for something to use on the upcoming Shasta rally. Let me know.
                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                  Hey Jethro, if you sell them I might be interested if I can afford them. I've been looking for something to use on the upcoming Shasta rally. Let me know.
                  That's what I've got on mine. I first used them on the Yosemite trip. I've just got a cheap black duffle bag instead of the full tribag system but it works great. Here's a shot of mine ready for the Oregon trip last year loaded for a full on camping trip, I travelled a little lighter at Yosemite and didn't have the duffle bag then. Mine push back against the stock signals and give me lots of room, you're taller so you may or may not need to mod the signals like Jethro.
                  '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Yeah, for what it's worth, mine fit forward of the sigs also. Jethro's look to be mounted higher and much further back than mine are.

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                      I might be interested in the top bag if RB doesn't take them. I've got the saddle bags and I'm going to be over in your general area in a few weeks and probably a few more times this summer. So put me on the waiting list!

/\/\ac

Comment

Working...
                      X