Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch out for "krumerman" seller on ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping

Yeah, shipping costs have gotten horrible. If you ever have anything small and heavy to send, you should consider the post office. They have a deal whereby you can go in, pick up a box (of varying sizes), take it home and pack it and send it.

You pay for it by the size of the box and NOT THE WEIGHT, which in some cases is a very, very good deal. You could fill it with pennies and it wouldn't cost any more than if you filled it with popcorn.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post
      Yeah, shipping costs have gotten horrible. If you ever have anything small and heavy to send, you should consider the post office. They have a deal whereby you can go in, pick up a box (of varying sizes), take it home and pack it and send it.

You pay for it by the size of the box and NOT THE WEIGHT, which in some cases is a very, very good deal. You could fill it with pennies and it wouldn't cost any more than if you filled it with popcorn.
      Yeah, I'd have to agree that those boxes can be a very good deal. The postal service has become a pretty serious contender against some of the other shipping companies.

Comment

Originally posted by wkmpt View Post
        Yeah, I'd have to agree that those boxes can be a very good deal. The postal service has become a pretty serious contender against some of the other shipping companies.
        They had to. It wasnt long ago they were about to fold up completely. Rates kept climbing and climbing..finally they seem to have leveled off a lil bit, and now, to give UPS and FedEx a run, they've started those flatrate boxes, which are great for small parts...now if they'd just update their tracking info as well as UPS and FedEx do, id use em all the time..

Comment

USPS can suck on my zenor diode.
          idiots who hire idiots that breed idiots to become supervisers and mail carriers.
          if your wondering about my beef...
          track this number and tell me what looks out of place

0308 0730 0001 3398 6816

i am out 70 bucks and the most they said they would refund to me is 70 cents for delivery confirmation.
          you have heard the stories as have i.
          now i have my own story.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post

There's still restriction on weight, 70lbs I think. But not many things are 70 lbs and can fit in the biggest box though.

Comment

idiots who hire idiots that breed idiots to become supervisers and mail carriers.

0308 0730 0001 3398 6816

i am out 70 bucks and the most they said they would refund to me is 70 cents for delivery confirmation.
              now i have my own story.
              I had a similar situation with a package sent Priority Mail from Baltimore to Seattle, Washington. It took 3 days to get to Redmond, then it took 19 days to go from Redmond to Seattle. Only after I called the post office out there was the package mysteriously delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post

0308 0730 0001 3398 6816

now i have my own story.
                Well, not having anything better to do, I checked it out and saw this:

"Your item was processed through and left our SANTA CLARITA, CA 91383 facility on May 31, 2009. The item is currently in transit to the destination. No further information is available for this item. "

The detailed information shows that it was shipped from your location to the CA facility before being shipped out for final delivery.

Seems pretty clear to me. If they don't have a signature and you sent it signature required, the USPS needs to pay up (you did buy insurance, right?). At any rate, they don't seem to have delivered it, so as long as you purchased insurance, they would have to pay up. What's the story here?

Comment

i sent this priority mail w/ delivery confirmation..
                  insurance was half the amount of shipping so i opted not to insure.
                  carrier in granada hills told my post office "it must not have scanned in properly"
                  paypal dismissed my case.
                  my CC company has a complaint filed now.
                  this was a faulty item from ebay and it is to the "sellers" adavntage to say he didnt recieve said item.
                  the seller had my tracking number, paypal supplied it to him.
                  shame on me for no insurance but shame on those idiots for not scanning upon delivery.
                  do you know that the post office has no clue where your package is going??
                  eveytime i call them with my tracking number...
                  i have to tell them who i sent it to and there address..
                  everytime, they have no idea.(they rely on the item being scanned in)
                  like i said...
                  shame on me for no insurance but that is no excuse for there lack of giving a f*ck..
                  it is to easy to point a finger at me for not buying insurance/i was on the loosing end of a deal to start with and every dime i spent would be that much more i was out...hindsight ect...i know!
                  i have made over 20 calls to them...nothing/zero/zip.

Comment

If you have ever done battle with the 'wonderful' people in St Louis handling USPS insurance claims, you won't EVER bother with insurance.

We had a $70 item damaged. After filling out multiple forms, getting the local post master to sign , sending the forms to the other party to get them signed and stamped, then sending them to St Louis and chasing / harassing them for weeks, resending copies of the forms as they couldn't find the original ones, I spent at least 6-7 hours of time chasing $70.00 over a 2 month period - only for them to send me a $55.00 check for a $70.00 item.

Even the post office counter people wince at the mention of USPS insurance claims.

Back to the original theme of the thread, you can always report excessive shipping charges to ebay. Ocassionally they will cancel auctions where the shipping is way out of line. I've personally sent in a number of complaints and about 50% get some action.

Comment

WTO krunerman?

Guys 'n' Gals, when you use E-Bay, know what you are buying and it's value, both on the street and to you personally. Study a few like items and see what they usually sell for. I do this as a seller as well as a buyer. Look at the seller's feedback rating- it matters. Ask questions of the sellers way before you want to bid on the item so you have all the info you need and do not "rush " into anything. If in doubt, do NOT bid. My 2 cents ( adjusted for inflation now $6.75- ha- joke).
                      streetfighters

Comment

Originally posted by streetfighters View Post
                        Guys 'n' Gals, when you use E-Bay, know what you are buying and it's value, both on the street and to you personally. Study a few like items and see what they usually sell for. I do this as a seller as well as a buyer. Look at the seller's feedback rating- it matters. Ask questions of the sellers way before you want to bid on the item so you have all the info you need and do not "rush " into anything. If in doubt, do NOT bid. My 2 cents ( adjusted for inflation now $6.75- ha- joke).
                        streetfighters
                        This is good info and definitely a good way to do business on ebay or the net in general.
                        But as i have just had happen to me, and has almost certainly happen to others, it doesnt always work this well.
                        I am sure streetfighters knows this, but here is what just happened.
                        I bought an exhaust for AU$190 incl. postage, it has taken 7 weeks and a lot of emais and phone calls to get it from someone who is in Australia as well as me. Postage took 3or 4 days, every time i called they had just gotten home from working away. If i emailed or text messsage i got no response.
                        Finally i got angry and threatend to go thru the motions on ebay, i got nothing, then i told him i would do it that day if i didnt hear from them. After that i got some co-operation, i recieved the item a few days later and the postage reciept said it was posted the day i got angry.
                        Also the postage was half what they charged.

The moral of my long winded story is that this guy had a 100% positive feedback, and was not a new seller on ebay, he had more than 100 people who had purchased from him.

This is just after i got ripped off by burkes motorsport.(paypal decided in my favour, but there is no money in his account to refund me, why do we use paypal?)
                        Sorry for the rant, but that helped.

I have bought from ebay since, and will do again. I do not mean to discourage anyone else.
                        Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X